Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Walking & Trekking Holidays
Walking & trekking at altitude
Our trekking holidays are designed to allow gradual height gain, spread over a number of days. There is no way of predicting who will suffer from altitude but, for the vast majority of people, a slow ascent to height will produce minimal effects. On a few high altitude treks we carry a Gamow Bag as a precautionary measure.
The dossier pack that we send to you when you book your holiday includes comprehensive advice on safe travel at altitude. If you would like to find out more about the effects of altitude and the best preventative measures, then please visit the website of the research charity Medex and download their excellent booklet called 'Travel at High Altitude'. For treks involving travel above 4,000m/13,120ft, we'd strongly recommend that you read this booklet before you travel. You can also call our office and speak to an experienced member of our team.
With over 100 superb walking and trekking holidays worldwide we have something to offer everyone. Our small group walking and trekking holidays are graded from Gentle to Expedition Grade and include iconic treks, pioneering adventures, plus less energetic gentle walking holidays
- The perfect first Himalayan trek through classic high mountain scenery
- Highly experienced Sherpa leaders
- Free hire of a down jacket, 4 season sleeping bag and fleece liner
- Four-star hotels with swimming pools in Kathmandu and Pokhara
Flight inclusive from £2,345, Land only from £1,545
- Delve into the 36 streets of 36 trades in Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- Trek through rice paddies in Sapa
- Explore remote Hoang Su Phi on foot, and experience a night at a traditional homestay at a Red Dzao minority house
- Cruise through the stunning unique Karst landscape in Ha Long Bay.
Flight inclusive from £2,225, Land only from £1,650
- Trek one of Bhutan’s oldest trails with superb scenery and mountain views
- Visit Bhutan’s cultural highlights including Tiger’s Nest Monastery
- First rate camping whilst on trek and well appointed hotels in Bhutan
- Relax and enjoy a full day at leisure in Kathmandu
Flight inclusive from £3,445, Land only from £2,695
- Stay in high quality trekking lodges with lots of home comforts
- Relax at Dwarika’s 5-star heritage hotel in Kathmandu and tour the city’s main sights
- Discover the Annapurna foothills and the Everest region on two well-paced treks with stunning views
- Enjoy the best trekking experience with excellent acclimatisation and first rate leaders
Flight inclusive from £3,575, Land only from £2,775
- One of the World’s great adventure treks that crosses two high passes
- Wild, unspoilt terrain populated by nomads
- Enjoy the hospitality of the local people by visiting a local family ‘ger’
- Full service camping on trek and good quality hotels elsewhere
Flight inclusive from £3,445, Land only from £2,495
- Excellent acclimatisation, giving high success rates and greater enjoyment
- Trek to both Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar
- Highly experienced Sherpa leaders, some of whom are Everest summiteers
- Four-star hotel, time to relax and a walking tour whilst in Kathmandu
Flight inclusive from £2,630, Land only from £1,845
- Enjoy eight days of excellent walking, taking in all the highlights of the spectacular Torres del Paine and Los Glaciares National Parks
- Visit the breathtaking Perito Moreno Glacier
- Stay in high quality accommodation throughout including the award winning Ecocamp in the Torres del Paine
- Discover Santiago with a city tour and a full day walk in the Andes to El Morado glacier
Flight inclusive from £5,350, Land only from £4,200
- Hike in Moon Valley and Rainbow Valley in Chile
- Walk through stunning, multicoloured valleys and gorges in Argentina
- See the dazzling Atacama Salt Flats
- Sample some superb wines and traditional cuisine and enjoy a tango show
Land only from £4,250
- Spend three nights in approved farmhouse homestays to experience the lives of the local people.
- Trek for two days on the Bumdra Trek to reach celebrated Taktsang Monastery.
- Enjoy varied and interesting day walks.
- Discover the beautiful 'hidden' valleys of Phobjika and Haa.
- Attend a Bhutanese festival.
Flight inclusive from £3,370, Land only from £2,725
- Wild walking in the majestic Tierra del Fuego National park
- An unforgettable four-night cruise to Patagonia, via Cape Horn
- Excellent day walks taking in all the highlights of the spectacular Torres Del Paine
- National Park.
- Breathtaking views of the mighty Perito Moreno Glacier.
Flight inclusive from £7,780, Land only from £6,795
Click on a map icon for holiday details