Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Walking & Trekking Holidays
Walking holidays & trekking at altitude - what to expect
Our walking holidays and trekking holidays are designed to allow gradual height gain, spread over a number of days. There is no way of predicting who will suffer from altitude but, for the vast majority of people, a slow ascent to height will produce minimal effects. On a few high altitude treks we carry a Gamow Bag as a precautionary measure.
The dossier pack that we send to you when you book your holiday includes comprehensive advice on safe travel at altitude. If you would like to find out more about the effects of altitude and the best preventative measures, then please visit the website of the research charity Medex and download their excellent booklet called 'Travel at High Altitude'. For treks involving travel above 4,000m/13,120ft, we'd strongly recommend that you read this booklet before you travel. You can also call our office and speak to an experienced member of our team.
With over 100 superb walking and trekking holidays worldwide we have something to offer everyone. Our small group walking and trekking holidays are graded from Gentle to Expedition Grade and include iconic treks, pioneering adventures, plus less energetic gentle walking holidays
- Visit six of Costa Rica’s premier national parks and wildlife reserves
- Enjoy a varied programme of walks that showcase Costa Rica’s incredibly diverse landscapes.
- Spend time in Tortuguero renowned for its fabulous wildlife and laid-back Caribbean vibe.
- Look for rare and exotic birds in the cloudforest of Monteverde and a take a boat tour along the wildlife-rich waters of Caño Negro Reserve.
- Go hiking amidst the surreal and beautiful volcanic scenery of Rincon de la Vieja in the fiery northwest.
- Relax at the end of your holiday on beautiful Panama Beach with the option to extend.
Flight inclusive from £3,745, Land only from £2,995
- Walk on every day of this holiday through stunning mountain scenery to the best viewpoints
- Hike in Banff, Yoho and Jasper National Parks
- Drive along the Icefield Parkway – one of the world’s most scenic highways
- Stay in comfortable hotels or chalets between Banff and Lake Louise, Jasper and Kananaskis
Flight inclusive from £3,295, Land only from £2,495
- Enjoy sightseeing and acclimatisation in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Visit the Inca ruins at Pisac and Ollantaytambo
- Trek the spectacular Inca Trail with first rate camping service on trek
- Enter iconic Machu Picchu at dawn through Inti Punku, the Sun Gate
- Guided sightseeing in Machu Picchu and option to climb Huayna Picchu peak or Macchu Picchu Peak
Land only from £1,295
- Walk each day amidst the most spectacular landscapes of America’s Wild West
- See the best of America’s national parks with hikes in Zion, Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands and, of course, the Grand Canyon
- Explore Navajo and Hopi Indian tribal lands including Monument Valley, Canyon de Chelly and the Hopi Mesas
- Explore the stunning red rock scenery of Sedona
- End your trip amongst the bright lights and razzmatazz of Las Vegas
Flight inclusive from £4,565, Land only from £3,495
- Wild walking in the majestic Tierra del Fuego National Park
- An unforgettable four-night cruise from Ushuaia to Punta Arenas via the Beagle Channel, Cape Horn and the Magellan Strait
- Plenty of exciting shore excursions in Zodiac boats to see historic sights, the best viewpoints and natural wonders including stunning glaciers and vast penguin colonies
- Comfortable hotels in Buenos Aires, Ushuaia and Santiago and twin cabins on the cruise.
Flight inclusive from £5,300, Land only from £4,350
- View the giant moai statues of Easter Island
- Walk to the top of the three main extinct volcanoes that comprise Easter Island
- Visit the quarries where the statues were made
- Stay in one of the best hotels on the island
Flight inclusive from £3,845, Land only from £2,850
- Walk to the base camps of both Mount Fitzroy and Cerro Torre – the two iconic peaks of Los Glaciares National Park
- Discover the real Patagonian wilderness at magical Estancia Cristina, a truly remote and historic landmark
- Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Los Glaciares at the Patagonia Eco Domes
- Experience the remarkable sights and sounds of the spectacular Perito Moreno Glacier
Flight inclusive from £4,695, Land only from £3,795
- Enjoy superb walks to Moon Valley, Rainbow Valley and the Taito Geysers
- Walk through stunning, multicoloured valleys and gorges in northern Argentina
- See the dazzling Atacama Salt Flats
- Discover ancient rock paintings and visit an observatory
- Tour renowned wineries and take in a tango show in Buenos Aires
Flight inclusive from £5,665, Land only from £4,700
- Enjoy eight days of excellent walking, taking in all the highlights of the spectacular Torres del Paine and Los Glaciares National Parks
- Visit the breathtaking Perito Moreno Glacier
- Stay in high quality accommodation throughout including the award winning Ecocamp in the Torres del Paine
- Discover Santiago with a city tour and a full day walk in the Andes to El Morado glacier
Flight inclusive from £5,225, Land only from £4,395
- Spend four days exploring the nature & culture of northern Ecuador’s Otavalo area
- Enjoy comfortable, handpicked accommodation with lots of character including a centuries-old, traditional hacienda
- Explore the landscape and wildlife on three different Galapagos islands
- Experience close encounters with incredible wildlife of the Galapagos, on foot and in the water
Flight inclusive from £5,745, Land only from £4,895
Click on a map icon for holiday details