Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Walking & Trekking Holidays
Walking holidays & trekking at altitude - what to expect
Our walking holidays and trekking holidays are designed to allow gradual height gain, spread over a number of days. There is no way of predicting who will suffer from altitude but, for the vast majority of people, a slow ascent to height will produce minimal effects. On a few high altitude treks we carry a Gamow Bag as a precautionary measure.
The dossier pack that we send to you when you book your holiday includes comprehensive advice on safe travel at altitude. If you would like to find out more about the effects of altitude and the best preventative measures, then please visit the website of the research charity Medex and download their excellent booklet called 'Travel at High Altitude'. For treks involving travel above 4,000m/13,120ft, we'd strongly recommend that you read this booklet before you travel. You can also call our office and speak to an experienced member of our team.
With over 100 superb walking and trekking holidays worldwide we have something to offer everyone. Our small group walking and trekking holidays are graded from Gentle to Expedition Grade and include iconic treks, pioneering adventures, plus less energetic gentle walking holidays
- Enjoy a two-centred holiday with a rich diversity of landscapes, history and culture
- Explore the wild scenery of the Western Taurus mountains
- Walk the stunning coastline along some of the best sections of the Lycian Way
- Visit the remarkable archaelogical site at Olympos and climb to the summit of Tahtali
- Turn your holiday into a two week Turkish extravaganza by joining our Cappodocia holiday
Flight inclusive from £875, Land only from £645
- Walk through valleys lined with fairytale ‘chimney’s and fantastical rock formations in Cappadocia
- Discover the hidden rock-hewn churches and cliff dwellings of the beautiful Ihlara Valley
- Explore the incredible underground city of Kaymakli
- Cross the Davraz Pass and enjoy rewarding walks along the St Paul’s Trail near scenic Lake Eğirdir
- Follow in the footsteps of the Romans to the ancient city of Adada
Flight inclusive from £995, Land only from £645
- Enjoy a rich variety of coastal and mountain walks including the famed ‘Path of the Gods’
- Spend a full day exploring Capri on foot; the home of the beautiful people
- Climb Mount Vesuvius and visit the evocative ruins of ancient Pompeii
- Discover the picture postcard towns of Amalfi and Positano
Flight inclusive from £1,285, Land only from £1,095
- Experience the best sections of Andorra’s first circular high-mountain trail, The Coronallacs Circuit
- Walk in the stunning Vall del Mariu-Perafita-Claror Natural Park, Andorra’s only UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Hike through Pessons Valley with its myriad glacial lakes and the beautiful flower-covered Incles Valley
- Stay in comfortable hotel accommodation
Flight inclusive from £1,015, Land only from £795
- Trek in a beautiful valley with fabulous views of the Monte Rosa Massif and its glaciers.
- Explore an historic area with traditional villages, castles, churches and ancient gold mines
- Walk through alpine meadows full of flowers and beautiful forests, walking well maintained trails.
- Stay in small friendly hotels of a good, comfortable standard.
Flight inclusive from £1,395, Land only from £1,195
- Trek on sections of the 'Peace Trail' circuit straddling the borders of Kosovo, Albania and Montenegro
- Enjoy rugged walking and ascend three peaks including the highest in Kosovo
- Experience the warmest of welcomes and the generous hospitality of the local shepherds and farmers
- Stay in a traditional shepherd's hut and village houses for a glimpse of an ancient way of life
Flight inclusive from £1,475, Land only from £1,195
- Trek on quiet but challenging trails with 1,000m ascents and descents most days
- Observe the traditional Romanian way of life, little-changed for centuries
- Ascend Vanatarea lui Buteanu, 2,500m, one of the highest peaks in the Fagaras Mountains
- Visit mysterious Bran Castle, the historic inspiration for the fictional home of Count Dracula
- Stay in village guest houses and small hotels, and enjoy delicious, home-cooked food
- Explore the cobblestoned town of Sibiu with its imposing city walls and mighty defence towers
Flight inclusive from £1,600, Land only from £1,385
- Trek the most beautiful section of the new Transcaucasian Trail.
- Stay in traditional watchtower villages, including beautiful Ushguli, now a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Explore the unspoilt alpine scenery of ancient Upper Svaneti, one of the wildest, most mysterious regions of Georgia.
- Enjoy the hospitality of local families experiencing the distinctive Svaneti culture firsthand.
- Have your luggage transferred each day so all you need to carry on trek is a small daysack.
- Step back in time on a guided walking tour of Tblisi, Georgia's remarkable capital city.
Flight inclusive from £2,360, Land only from £1,895
- Explore the 'Shangri La' valley of Thethi in Albania
- Visit Shkodra castle and take a boat trip down Lake Drin
- Climb the peak of Komovi in Montenegro
- Walk the Bay of Kotor - a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Flight inclusive from £1,365, Land only from £1,035
- Enjoy easy-paced walks in the beautiful Bulgarian countryside
- Explore three of Bulgaria’s biggest and best mountains ranges, Rhodope, Pirin and Rila
- Discover the 2019 European Capital of Culture, Plovdiv
- Stay in charming, family run village hotels - an authentic cultural experience
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Rila Monastery in the heart of the Rila Mountain range
- Step inside three of Bulgaria’s justifiably famous caves
Flight inclusive from £1,315, Land only from £1,125
Click on a map icon for holiday details