Archived News Stories
- By destination
- Arctic (1)
- Bangladesh (1)
- Bhutan (30)
- Bolivia (1)
- Burma (Myanmar) (7)
- Cambodia (1)
- Colombia (1)
- Cuba (1)
- Ecuador (1)
- Ethiopia (4)
- France (1)
- India (16)
- Italy (1)
- Japan (1)
- Morocco (1)
- Nepal (46)
- Norway (1)
- Pakistan (1)
- Peru (2)
- Polar Regions (1)
- Rajasthan & the North (1)
- Sri Lanka (3)
- Switzerland (1)
- Tanzania (1)
- Tibet (3)
- United States (2)
- Uzbekistan (1)
- Venezuela (2)
- Vietnam (2)
- Zimbabwe (1)
- By topic
- Awards & competitions (16)
- e-Newsletters (18)
- MK in the news (13)
- New (6)
- Office news (52)
- Our recommendations (6)
- Recces (1)
- Responsible Tourism (27)
- Wilderness Lectures (8)
- Your adventures (7)
Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Holiday News and Offers
Here's where you'll find the most up-to-date information about what's happening at Mountain Kingdoms. Check below for details of any upcoming events we are holding, any special offers we are running, any news we've got to share and any holidays that have spaces and are due to run in the next few weeks. You can also sign up to receive our monthly e-newsletter.
The following walking and trekking holidays and cultural tours are scheduled to depart in the next few months. If you would like to book a holiday you can do so online or by contacting the office. Please be aware that due to the short time before travel dates, places could possibly be restricted.
- Trek on sections of the 'Peace Trail' circuit straddling the borders of Kosovo, Albania and Montenegro
- Enjoy rugged walking and ascend three peaks including the highest in Kosovo
- Experience the warmest of welcomes and the generous hospitality of the local shepherds and farmers
- Stay in a traditional shepherd's hut and village houses for a glimpse of an ancient way of life
Flight inclusive from £1,550, Land only from £1,175
- Follow in the footsteps of Joanna Lumley, walking the most beautiful section of the new Transcaucasian Trail.
- Stay in traditional watchtower villages, including beautiful Ushguli, now a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Explore the unspoilt Alpine scenery of ancient Upper Svaneti, one of the wildest, most mysterious regions of Georgia
- Enjoy the hospitality of local families experiencing the distinctive Svaneti culture firsthand
- Have your luggage transferred each day so all you need to carry on trek is a small daysack.
- Step back in time on a guided walking tour of Tblisi, Georgia's remarkable capital city.
Flight inclusive from £2,415, Land only from £1,850
- Trek through wild glacial terrain beneath towering peaks
- Stay in permanent camps along the route
- Experience the incredible helicopter ride from South Inylchek Base Camp to Karkara
- Swim in the warm(ish) waters of Issyk Kul Lake with views of the mountains on all sides
Flight inclusive from £2,790, Land only from £1,990
- Walk on every day of this holiday through stunning mountain scenery to the best viewpoints
- Hike in Banff, Yoho and Jasper National Parks
- Drive along the Icefield Parkway – one of the world’s most scenic highways
- Stay in comfortable hotels or chalets between Banff and Lake Louise, Jasper and Kananaskis
Flight inclusive from £3,295, Land only from £2,495
- Trek Kilimanjaro via the longer and more scenic Lemosho Route providing excellent acclimatisation
- All park fees and meals are included in the trip price.
- Led by highly experienced local guides and we use top quality camping equipment
- First rate equipment on trek and a comfortable, chracterful hotel before and after
- Full moon ascent on our February 2020 departure
Flight inclusive from £3,045, Land only from £2,395
- Spend five days exploring remote Pafuri in the far north of Kruger on foot - a unique safari experience.
- Track the Big Five on guided jeep safaris and bush walks in a game-rich private reserve within southern Kruger National Park.
- Explore Eswatini's wonderful natural landscape with day walks in the Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary and Malolotja Mountain Reserve.
- Discover the colourful Swazi culture
- Stay in characterful accommodation including a beautifully located eco lodge, a historic mountain lodge, a boutique hotel and authentic safari camps
Flight inclusive from £3,615, Land only from £2,855
- Small group walking safari in an exclusive and pristine wilderness area of Serengeti National Park
- Luxury tented camps that offer the best wildlife and walking opportunities
- Game drives in the Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti National Park
- Interaction with local masai people
Flight inclusive from £5,690, Land only from £4,995
- An alpine skills training day on a glacier to learn or refresh basic snow and ice skills
- A day of via ferrata on the Jegihorn with easy scrambling and spectacular wire bridge crossings
- A night in the Hohsaas mountain hut with its spectacular views giof the Mischabel range
- A magical alpine sunrise on an ascent of the classic 4,017m Weissmies
Flight inclusive from £1,185, Land only from £950
- Unique to Mountain Kingdoms, this trek avoids the more ‘popular’ routes in Zanskar with large parts of it through completely uninhabited wilderness.
- A truly exciting and challenging trek for the serious adventurer.
- An excellent acclimatisation programme with a three-day ‘pre-trek’ and time in Leh.
- First rate camping facilities and a highly experienced Mountain Kingdoms appointed leader.
Flight inclusive from £4,195, Land only from £3,595