- By destination
- Arctic (1)
- Bangladesh (1)
- Bhutan (22)
- Bolivia (1)
- Burma (Myanmar) (7)
- Colombia (1)
- Cuba (1)
- Ecuador (1)
- Ethiopia (3)
- France (1)
- India (14)
- Italy (1)
- Japan (1)
- Morocco (1)
- Nepal (41)
- Norway (1)
- Pakistan (1)
- Peru (2)
- Rajasthan & the North (1)
- Sri Lanka (1)
- Switzerland (1)
- Tanzania (1)
- Tibet (3)
- United States (2)
- Venezuela (2)
- Vietnam (1)
- By topic
- Awards & competitions (14)
- e-Newsletters (42)
- Everest 60th Anniversary (1)
- MK in the news (17)
- New (8)
- Office news (46)
- Our recommendations (7)
- Recces (1)
- Responsible Tourism (20)
- Wilderness Lectures (7)
- Your adventures (8)
Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Holiday News and Offers
Here's where you'll find the most up-to-date information about what's happening at Mountain Kingdoms. Check below for details of any upcoming events we are holding, any special offers we are running, any news we've got to share and any holidays that have spaces and are due to run in the next few weeks. You can also sign up to receive our monthly e-newsletter.
The following walking and trekking holidays and cultural tours are scheduled to depart in the next few months. If you would like to book a holiday you can do so online or by contacting the office. Please be aware that due to the short time before travel dates, places could possibly be restricted.
- Snow shoeing through the beautiful Arctic landscape.
- Learn to drive your own husky dog-sled team.
- Take a reindeer sleigh ride to meet traditional Sami herders.
- Hunt for the northern lights with four nights on which you may see them.
- Snuggle up for a spectacular night at the Igloo Ice Hotel.
Flight inclusive from £2,325, Land only from £1,995
- Discover the varied scenery of ‘La Isla Bonita’, from the rugged north coast to the black sand beaches of the south.
- Walk above the clouds on the Caldera de Taburiente ridge, the dramatic high point of the island.
- Incredible landscapes, good paths and warm winter sunshine make La Palma a walker’s paradise.
- Relax, swim and enjoy the views at three carefully selected hotels; and dine on delicious local cuisine.
Flight inclusive from £1,620, Land only from £1,340
- Trek for three days across picturesque countryside from Kalaw to Inle Lake
- Stay in village homes and lodges for an insight into authentic Burmese life
- Travel off the tourist trail to Sintaung Village and spend an evening with the local community
- Take walks and boat rides to explore Inle Lake and the surrounding villages and temples
Flight inclusive from £2,770, Land only from £1,995
- Trek in the hill country of Sri Lanka with virgin forest, verdant countryside, and endless valleys
- Stay overnight in a genuine Buddhist temple
- Take in the mountains, cloud forest, and rich biodiversity of Horton Plains National Park
- See the elephants of Uda Walawe National Park
Flight inclusive from £2,420, Land only from £1,695
- Visit the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, ‘Africa’s Camelot’ at Gondar, the World Heritage site of Axum and the Blue Nile Falls
- Take a full day boat cruise on the vast expanse of Lake Tana
- Explore the spectacular scenery in the Simien Mountains National Park, home to an abundance of rare flora and fauna
- Enjoy the best service, guiding and accommodation throughout
Flight inclusive from £3,085, Land only from £2,425
- Tour many of Rajasthan's major cultural attractions including the Lake Palace at Udaipur, Jodhpur Fort and the Jain Temples at Ranakpur
- Visit villages and nature reserves with opportunities for game viewing, bird-watching and optional gentle walks
- Search for the leopards of Jawai
- Stay in wonderful heritage properties for an authentic taste of the Raj and of princely India
Flight inclusive from £3,191, Land only from £3,095
- All park fees included in the trip price
- The best possible acclimatisation with an initial trek up Mount Meru and the longer Lemosho route on Kilimanjaro
- Close up views of wildlife on the trek in to Mount Meru
- First rate camping experience on trek and good quality hotels of character before and after the Kilimanjaro trek
Flight inclusive from £4,065, Land only from £3,045
- Varied trekking through beautiful Himalayan scenery and delightful villages
- Enjoy a sightseeing tour of the cultural highlights of Kathmandu and a boat ride in Pokhara
- Stay at the best trekking lodges in the Annapurnas and the luxurious Pavilions Hotel in Pokhara
- Relax at Dwarika’s superb heritage 5 star hotel in Kathmandu after the trek
- Extend your holiday at Chitwan National Park or rafting on the Seti River
Flight inclusive from £2,595, Land only from £1,995
- A comprehensive cultural tour of Burma, visiting places both on and off the beaten track.
- Join the Buddhist pilgrims on the journey to ‘Golden Rock’.
- Explore the lovely limestone scenery of the Kayin State with its myriad little-visited caves and temples.
- Soak up the atmosphere in Mawlamyine, known in Kipling’s day as Moulmein
- Enjoy a fascinating boat trip on the Salween River and an all day cruise on the Ayeryarwaddy River.
- Explore serene Inle Lake and the atmospheric temples of Bagan plain.
Flight inclusive from £3,335, Land only from £2,495
- Travel by foot and by boat to explore the Cardamom Mountains
- Discover diverse flora and fauna and spend time at the Wildlife Release Station
- Experience village life in Chi Phat
- Visit the architectural splendours of Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom
Flight inclusive from £2,755, Land only from £2,055