Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Walking & Trekking Holidays
Walking holidays & trekking at altitude - what to expect
Our walking holidays and trekking holidays are designed to allow gradual height gain, spread over a number of days. There is no way of predicting who will suffer from altitude but, for the vast majority of people, a slow ascent to height will produce minimal effects. On a few high altitude treks we carry a Gamow Bag as a precautionary measure.
The dossier pack that we send to you when you book your holiday includes comprehensive advice on safe travel at altitude. If you would like to find out more about the effects of altitude and the best preventative measures, then please visit the website of the research charity Medex and download their excellent booklet called 'Travel at High Altitude'. For treks involving travel above 4,000m/13,120ft, we'd strongly recommend that you read this booklet before you travel. You can also call our office and speak to an experienced member of our team.
With over 100 superb walking and trekking holidays worldwide we have something to offer everyone. Our small group walking and trekking holidays are graded from Gentle to Expedition Grade and include iconic treks, pioneering adventures, plus less energetic gentle walking holidays
- Delve into the 36 streets of 36 trades in Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- Trek through rice paddies in Sapa
- Explore remote Hoang Su Phi on foot, and experience a night at a traditional homestay at a Red Dzao minority house
- Cruise through the stunning unique Karst landscape in Ha Long Bay.
Flight inclusive from £2,325, Land only from £1,695
- Featured in the Sunday Times '100 Best Holidays in the World'
- Visit Burma’s three major cultural centres: Mandalay, Bagan and Inle Lake
- A delightful full day cruise along the Ayeyarwady River from Mandalay to Bagan
- Gentle walks to villages, temples, Buddhist monasteries and old palaces
Flight inclusive from £2,950, Land only from £2,175
- Visit tribal villages and walk in the off-the-beaten-track areas of Northern Laos
- Tour the important sights of charming Luang Prabang and elegant Vientiane
- Enjoy a languid, scenic journey along the Mekong River
- Stay at 4 star hotels and comfortable lodges
Flight inclusive from £2,995, Land only from £2,345
- Travel by foot and by boat to explore the Cardamom Mountains
- Discover diverse flora and fauna and spend time at the Wildlife Release Station
- Experience village life in Chi Phat
- Visit the architectural splendours of Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom
Flight inclusive from £2,895, Land only from £2,175
Click on a map icon for holiday details