Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Walking & Trekking Holidays
Walking holidays & trekking at altitude - what to expect
Our walking holidays and trekking holidays are designed to allow gradual height gain, spread over a number of days. There is no way of predicting who will suffer from altitude but, for the vast majority of people, a slow ascent to height will produce minimal effects. On a few high altitude treks we carry a Gamow Bag as a precautionary measure.
The dossier pack that we send to you when you book your holiday includes comprehensive advice on safe travel at altitude. If you would like to find out more about the effects of altitude and the best preventative measures, then please visit the website of the research charity Medex and download their excellent booklet called 'Travel at High Altitude'. For treks involving travel above 4,000m/13,120ft, we'd strongly recommend that you read this booklet before you travel. You can also call our office and speak to an experienced member of our team.
With over 100 superb walking and trekking holidays worldwide we have something to offer everyone. Our small group walking and trekking holidays are graded from Gentle to Expedition Grade and include iconic treks, pioneering adventures, plus less energetic gentle walking holidays
- Discover the sights of Muscat and a ride on a traditional dhow
- Enjoy varied walks amidst beautiful desert scenery
- Visit Oman's Grand Canyon and the idyllic village of Misfah
- Walk across the magnificent dunes of the Wahiba Sands
Flight inclusive from £2,530, Land only from £1,995
- Wander picturesque coastal trails in a little-known area of Morocco
- Drink mint tea in traditional Berber villages and relax in a hammam steam bath
- Trek with camels and then take the reins and try riding them!
- Stay in delightful riads and explore charming seaside Essaouira and flamboyant Marrakesh
Land only from £895
- Discover France’s best kept secret – a tropical island in the Indian Ocean
- Summit both the Piton des Neiges, 3,069m, and the Piton de la Fournaise, 2,632m
- Trek through varied landscapes and microclimates
- Wake up your taste buds with creole cuisine
- Relax on the island’s pristine beaches, and snorkel in a protected lagoon
Flight inclusive from £3,135, Land only from £2,195
- Explore Petra, entering by the lesser visited 'backdoor'
- Begin your trek at Dana Nature Reserve one of Jordan’s must see natural sights
- An excellent trek route that avoids very long days and gives the best paced itinerary possible
- Enjoy a first rate camping experience on trek
Flight inclusive from £2,145, Land only from £1,595
- A traverse of the Jebel Sahro in the company of an experienced Berber guide
- The best route giving excellent acclimatisation and spectacular scenery
- First rate camping with all meals on trek included
- Comfortable riad accommodation before and after trek
- Visit the historic kasbah of Aït Benhaddou and explore exotic Marrakesh
Land only from £745
- Summit Ras Dashen with excellent acclimatisation built into the trek.
- Trek through stunning scenery, remote villages and abundant wildlife in the Simien Mountains
- Visit the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela and ‘Africa’s Camelot’ at Gondar.
- Enjoy the best service, guiding and accommodation throughout.
Flight inclusive from £2,595, Land only from £1,995
Click on a map icon for holiday details