Archived News Stories
- By destination
- Antarctica (1)
- Arctic (2)
- Bangladesh (1)
- Bhutan (31)
- Bolivia (1)
- Burma (Myanmar) (7)
- Cambodia (2)
- Colombia (1)
- Cuba (1)
- Ecuador (1)
- Ethiopia (4)
- France (1)
- India (17)
- Indian Himalaya (1)
- Italy (1)
- Japan (2)
- Morocco (1)
- Nepal (47)
- Norway (1)
- Pakistan (1)
- Peru (2)
- Polar Regions (2)
- Rajasthan & the North (1)
- Sri Lanka (3)
- Switzerland (1)
- Tanzania (1)
- Tibet (3)
- United States (2)
- Uzbekistan (1)
- Venezuela (2)
- Vietnam (2)
- Zimbabwe (1)
- By topic
- Awards & competitions (17)
- e-Newsletters (31)
- Events (2)
- MK in the news (14)
- New (6)
- Office news (66)
- Our recommendations (5)
- Recces (1)
- Responsible Tourism (29)
- Wilderness Lectures (9)
- Your adventures (7)
Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Holiday News and Offers
Here's where you'll find the most up-to-date information about what's happening at Mountain Kingdoms. Check below for details of any upcoming events we are holding, any special offers we are running, any news we've got to share and any holidays that have spaces and are due to run in the next few weeks. You can also sign up to receive our monthly e-newsletter.
- Take a three day acclimatisation trek in the Himalayan foothills of Nepal
- Tour the fascinating sights of Lhasa and visit the cave hermitage of Drak Yerpa
- Fly 800 miles across Tibet and past Mount Kailash to land at the airport of Ali, giving easy access to the ancient kingdoms west of Ali
- Explore the mysterious kingdoms of Guge and Shangshung
- Enjoy walks to visit cave dwellings, remote monasteries and ruined castles and visit the holy hot springs at Tirthapuri
- Drive west to east across just part of the great Tibetan plateau, using the new road to Kathmandu from Tibet driving past Kailaish and through Kyirong and part of Langtang
Flight inclusive from £5,730, Land only from £4,895
- Discover the four fabulous cities of the Great Silk Road - Tashkent, Khiva, Bukhara and Samarkand
- Explore the Nuratau Mountain range on a series of delightful village walks offering a real insight into traditional rural Uzbek life
- Enjoy three days of walking in the picturesque Chimgan mountains with high peaks and alpine-style meadows
- Stay in welcoming accommodation including good city hotels and friendly, family guesthouses
Land only from £1,875
- Enjoy a unique, specialist tour in the company of Sue Lawty, one of Britain’s foremost artists
- Experience first-hand all aspects of the rich Gujarat textile culture
- Visit the picturesque villages of the Banni Grasslands and meet local craftsmen and women
- See some of the fine palaces and temples of this vibrant region
- Take a jeep safari to explore the Little Rann of Kutch
- Celebrate Navratri, a colourful local festival
Flight inclusive from £3,845, Land only from £3,195
- See the fascinating World Heritage Site of Ichan Kala, Khiva
- Explore the ruins of ancient fortresses in the Kyzylkum Desert
- Visit the exotic covered bazaar and colossal Kalyan Minaret at Bukhara
- Discover the domed mosques and ornately decorate madrassas of Samarkand
- Stay in comfortable, well located 3 and 4 star hotels throughout
- Take an optional extension to the Fergana Valley
Land only from £1,835
- Enjoy gentle walks in stunning scenery with guides who will introduce you to Nepal’s culture, wildlife and flora.
- Join yoga/meditation classes suitable for all levels, and relax in inviting spas with infinity pools.
- Enjoy a range of uplifting activities, from salt therapy to pottery, at Dwarika’s Dhulikhel resort.
- See the sun rise over the snow-capped Annapurnas on a dawn boat ride in Pokhara.
- Explore the ancient Newar city of Bhaktapur in the Kathmandu Valley
- Stay in four of the best boutique hotels in Nepal, with excellent wellness facilities.
Flight inclusive from £3,440, Land only from £2,495
- Stay in high quality trekking lodges with lots of home comforts
- Relax at a high quality hotel in Kathmandu and tour the city’s main sights
- Discover the Annapurna foothills and the Everest region on two well-paced treks with stunning views
- Enjoy the best trekking experience with excellent acclimatisation and first rate leaders
Flight inclusive from £3,650, Land only from £2,850
- Trek to both Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar
- Cross the Cho La and ascend Gokyo Ri
- Excellent acclimatisation and highly experienced Sherpa leaders
- Four-star hotel and time to relax and take in the sights of Kathmandu
- Attend the Mani Rimdu Festival on one of our autumn departures
Flight inclusive from £3,175, Land only from £2,225
- Explore the cultural highlights of Bhutan including iconic Taktsang Monastery and Punakha Dzong
- First-rate accommodation in Bhutan using comfortable hotels and lodges
- Relax at Dwarika’s hotel in Kathmandu – a unique heritage property
- Excellent and varied programme of gentle walks
- Join the flamboyant celebrations at a Bhutanese festival
Flight inclusive from £3,945, Land only from £2,985
- Spend three nights in approved farmhouse homestays to experience the lives of the local people.
- Trek for two days on the Bumdra Trek to reach celebrated Taktsang Monastery.
- Enjoy varied and interesting day walks.
- Discover the beautiful 'hidden' valleys of Phobjika and Haa.
- Attend a colourful Bhutanese festival
Flight inclusive from £3,825, Land only from £2,925
- Visit six of Costa Rica’s premier national parks and wildlife reserves
- Enjoy a varied programme of walks that showcase Costa Rica’s incredibly diverse landscapes.
- Spend time in Tortuguero renowned for its fabulous wildlife and laid-back Caribbean vibe.
- Look for rare and exotic birds in the cloudforest of Monteverde and a take a boat tour along the wildlife-rich waters of Caño Negro Reserve.
- Go hiking amidst the surreal and beautiful volcanic scenery of Rincon de la Vieja in the fiery northwest.
- Relax at the end of your holiday on beautiful Hermosa Beach with the option to extend.
Flight inclusive from £3,525, Land only from £2,995