Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
- Trek with the experts
- Over 32 years' first hand experience
- Well-considered trekking routes
- Excellent acclimatisation on trek
- Expert trekking guides
- Good quality accommodation
- Great value, unbeatable service
- Complete financial security
- Adventure Specials
- Plan your next adventure
- Best Sellers
- Find your base camp trek
- Bhutan holidays
- Autumn Treks in the Himalaya
- Long-distance trails
- Summer getaways
- New adventures
- Everest Base Camp Treks
- Special interest holidays
- Expedition Grade peaks
- Cruising adventures
- In Style holidays
- See the Northern Lights
- Gentle Walking Holidays
- Holidays with festivals
- Community holidays
- Iconic cultural sights
- Classic treks
- Wildlife holidays
- Inca Trail treks to Machu Picchu
Our pick of the pioneering treks to little visited regions, for those looking for real mountain adventure in 2020.
- Trek through wild glacial terrain beneath towering peaks
- Stay in permanent camps along the route
- Experience the incredible helicopter ride from South Inylchek Base Camp to Karkara
- Swim in the warm(ish) waters of Issyk Kul Lake with views of the mountains on all sides
- Optional ascent of Pesnya Abaya
Flight inclusive from £2,745, Land only from £1,995
- Follow in the footsteps of early Everest pioneers on the original trail to Everest Base Camp
- Enjoy fabulous sunrise views from Pikey Peak, said to be Edmund Hillary’s favourite view of Everest.
- Visit both Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar and trek through beautiful Sherpa villages
- Trek in the company of highly experienced Sherpa leaders, some of whom are Everest summiteers
- Stay in a four star hotel in Kathmandu with a walking tour of the city’s key sights
Flight inclusive from £3,345, Land only from £2,495
- Visit the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, ‘Africa’s Camelot’ at Gondar, the World Heritage site of Axum and the Blue Nile Falls
- Take a full day boat cruise on the vast expanse of Lake Tana
- Explore the spectacular scenery in the Simien Mountains National Park, home to an abundance of rare flora and fauna
- Enjoy the best service, guiding and accommodation throughout
Flight inclusive from £3,345, Land only from £2,695
- Be among the first to trek this new trail up to Dhaulagiri South Base Camp over the Gauda Kharka pass and down into the Kali Gandaki Gorge
- Enjoy varied scenery and fantastic views of towering snow-capped peaks
- Trek into the heart of the high Himalayas without ascending to excessive altitude – high point 4,100m
- Observe traditional rural life as you walk through picturesque villages little changed by time
- Experience the comforts of a full service camping trek
Flight inclusive from £3,245, Land only from £2,395
- Experience a genuine wilderness trek in the heart of the Annapurna mountains
- Cross three challenging passes: the Kang La, 5,300m, the Mesokanto La, 5,120m and the Namun La, 4,850m
- Enjoy incredible close-up views of the Annapurnas, Machhapuchare, Manaslu and Dhaulagiri
- Camp at 5,000m at stunning Tilicho lake - a unique experience
- Explore the delightful mountain villages of Naar and Phu
Flight inclusive from £4,555, Land only from £3,755
- Complete the spectacular trek to Makalu Base Camp where few others have ventured
- Cross the Shipton La pass, and three other high passes, on a single day of sublime trekking
- Enjoy a full day of exploration at Makalu Base Camp
- Encounter varied scenery in different temperate zones as you progress from 700m to over 5,000m
- Stay in tea houses on trek to experience remote village life and contribute directly to the local economy.
Flight inclusive from £2,945, Land only from £2,295
- Trek for 16 days through impressive high mountain scenery and isolated villages
- Camp by the turquoise waters of Phuksundo Lake
- Experience the ancient Tibetan culture of the region - little changed over time
- Enjoy first rate camping and a four star hotel in Kathmandu before and after the trek
Flight inclusive from £4,675, Land only from £4,025
- Summit Ras Dashen with excellent acclimatisation built into the trek.
- Trek through stunning scenery, remote villages and abundant wildlife in the Simien Mountains
- Visit the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela and ‘Africa’s Camelot’ at Gondar.
- Enjoy the best service, guiding and accommodation throughout.
Flight inclusive from £3,095, Land only from £2,395
- Trek on sections of the 'Peace Trail' circuit straddling the borders of Kosovo, Albania and Montenegro
- Enjoy rugged walking and ascend three peaks including the highest in Kosovo
- Experience the warmest of welcomes and the generous hospitality of the local shepherds and farmers
- Stay in a traditional shepherd's hut and village houses for a glimpse of an ancient way of life
Flight inclusive from £1,510, Land only from £1,225
- An opportunity to genuinely trek where few other westerners venture.
- Spectacular Himalayan scenery with views of many 8,000m peaks.
- Excellent acclimatisation and ample time to explore.
- Highly experienced Nepali leader and trek crew.
- Relax in a 4* hotel in Kathmandu.
Flight inclusive from £3,545, Land only from £2,695
Click on a map icon for holiday details