Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Our Adventure Specials are incredible treks to little visited regions, for those looking for real mountain adventures!
- Trek with the experts
- Over 31 years' first hand experience
- Well-considered trekking routes
- Excellent acclimatisation on trek
- Expert trekking guides
- Good quality accommodation
- Great value, unbeatable service
- Complete financial security
- Adventure Specials
- Bhutan holidays
- Autumn inspiration
- Long-distance trails
- Summer getaways
- Summer walking holidays in Europe
- New adventures
- Everest Base Camp Treks
- Special interest holidays
- Find your spring break
- Christmas getaways
- Expedition Grade peaks
- Cruising adventures
- In Style holidays
- See the Northern Lights
- Gentle Walking Holidays
- Holidays with festivals
- Community holidays
- Iconic cultural sights
- Classic treks
- Wildlife holidays
- Inca Trail treks to Machu Picchu
Our pick of the pioneering treks to little visited regions, for those looking for real mountain adventure in 2019.
- Follow in the footsteps of Joanna Lumley, walking the most beautiful section of the new Transcaucasian Trail.
- Stay in traditional watchtower villages, including beautiful Ushguli, now a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Explore the unspoilt Alpine scenery of ancient Upper Svaneti, one of the wildest, most mysterious regions of Georgia
- Enjoy the hospitality of local families experiencing the distinctive Svaneti culture firsthand
- Have your luggage transferred each day so all you need to carry on trek is a small daysack.
- Step back in time on a guided walking tour of Tblisi, Georgia's remarkable capital city.
Flight inclusive from £2,415, Land only from £1,850
- Trek through wild glacial terrain beneath towering peaks
- Stay in permanent camps along the route
- Experience the incredible helicopter ride from South Inylchek Base Camp to Karkara
- Swim in the warm(ish) waters of Issyk Kul Lake with views of the mountains on all sides
Flight inclusive from £2,790, Land only from £1,990
- Complete the spectacular trek to Makalu Base Camp where few others have ventured
- Cross the Shipton La pass, and three other high passes, on a single day of sublime trekking
- Enjoy a full day of exploration at Makalu Base Camp
- Encounter varied scenery in different temperate zones as you progress from 700m to over 5,000m
- Stay in tea houses on trek to experience remote village life and contribute directly to the local economy.
Flight inclusive from £2,780, Land only from £1,995
- Towering Himalayan peaks, sacred lakes and deep hidden valleys - all within a day's drive from Kathmandu
- A culturally rich trek into the home of the Tamang and the Yolmo Sherpa people
- Traditional tea houses and a warm welcome on the trail
- 4* hotel in Kathmandu at the start and end of the trek
Flight inclusive from £2,300, Land only from £1,550
- Trek on quiet but challenging trails with 1,000m ascents and descents most days
- Observe the traditional Romanian way of life, little-changed for centuries
- Ascend Vanatarea lui Buteanu, 2,500m, one of the highest peaks in the Fagaras Mountains
- Visit mysterious Bran Castle, the historic inspiration for the fictional home of Count Dracula
- Stay in village guest houses and small hotels, and enjoy delicious, home-cooked food
- Explore the cobblestoned town of Sibiu with its imposing city walls and mighty defence towers
Flight inclusive from £1,490, Land only from £1,265
- Discover France’s best kept secret – a tropical island in the Indian Ocean
- Summit both the Piton des Neiges, 3,069m, and the Piton de la Fournaise, 2,632m
- Trek through varied landscapes and microclimates
- Wake up your taste buds with creole cuisine
- Relax on the island’s pristine beaches, and snorkel in a protected lagoon
Flight inclusive from £3,160, Land only from £2,195
- Explore a truly remote and stunning area on one of the most beautiful treks in the world
- Make the exhilarating crossing of the Hispar La
- Enjoy contrasting scenes of stark mountains, icy white glaciers, and beautiful flower-filled meadows
- Visit the beautiful Hunza valley, the inspiration for Shangri La in James Hilton’s book Lost Horizon
Flight inclusive from £4,460, Land only from £3,395
- An accessible yet genuine wilderness trek – few trekkers, or even locals, use this trail.
- A wild trek with breath-taking scenery that fits into a two week holiday.
- Cross the remote and challenging Naman pass, 4,850m/15,912ft.
- Enjoy incredible views of the Langjung Himal, Annapurnas, Machhapuchhre and Manaslu.
Flight inclusive from £2,940, Land only from £2,075
- Be one of the first westerners to visit the remote region of Dagana
- Trek through a variety of scenery and ecological zones rich with flora and fauna
- Cross passes over 4,000 metres with fantastic views of Himalayan peaks
- Visit iconic Taktsang Monastery and beautiful Punakha Dzong
Flight inclusive from £3,795, Land only from £2,995
- Trek the high Andes in real style, staying in four luxury mountain lodges on the Salkantay Inca trek
- Follow a beautiful trail, away from the crowds of the Inca Trail, with a unique view of Machu Picchu
- Enjoy an excellent acclimatisation programme in Cuzco and the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Cross high passes and see stunning Rainbow Mountain on the spectacular high-altitude Ausangate trek
- Benefit local communities in Ausangate where the lodges employ local people as cooks, lodge keepers and llama drivers
Click on a map icon for holiday details