Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Inca Trail treks to Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu, the Lost City of the Incas, is a magical set of Inca ruins
perched on top of a mountain and surrounded by snow capped peaks. It
has captivated travellers since it was rediscovered by Hiram Bingham in
1911 and is now recognised as one of the New Seven Wonders of the World –
trekking to Machu Picchu is truly an unforgettable experience.
Machu Picchu is usually reached by a trek on the Inca Trail, a four day hike along old Inca roadways, over high altitude passes, taking in a series of ancient Inca ruins along the way before arriving at the Sun Gate of Machu Picchu itself. Trekking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is truly one of the most famous walks in the world and is an essential trip to take for any trekking enthusiast.
Mountain Kingdoms offers a range of options for those interested in trekking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. The Inca Trail treks all include ample time for a thorough exploration of Machu Picchu, together with several days acclimatising in the Sacred Valley, where you will visit several important Inca sites. We also spend time, after trekking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, in the colourful and lively Andean city of Cuzco where Inca traditions combine with Colonial influences in a fascinating cultural mix.
Alongside the world famous Classic Inca Trail Trek, we offer an alternative, the Luxury Lodges to Machu Picchu trek. This shares all of the beauty of the classic Inca Trail but has the added comfort of superb lodge accommodation. We also offer a longer, more remote trek to the lost Inca city of Choquequirao - with a visit to Machu Picchu too, of course. In addition we also have a cultural tour – The Peruvian Explorer - the highlight of which is a visit to Machu Picchu. If none of our trips is quite right for you, why not design your own? We will be more than happy to put together a Tailor Made Inca Trail trek to suit your needs. However you want to get to Machu Picchu, Mountain Kingdoms have the expert knowledge to put together your ideal Peruvian adventure.
We have also introduced two new holidays, Gentle Walking Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu, which has fabulous walks on Inca Trails – but stays in comfortable hotels throughout, and Cycling the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu, which combines all the main attractions with wonderful cycling in the Peruvian countryside.
- Inca Trail treks to Machu Picchu
- Easter holiday adventures
- Walking Safaris
- Bhutan holidays
- Adventure Specials
- New holidays for 2018
- Christmas getaways
- Expedition Grade peaks
- Everest Treks, Nepal
- Summer getaways
- Cruising Holidays
- In Style holidays
- Annapurna Trekking, Nepal
- See the Northern Lights
- Gentle Walking Holidays
- Holidays with festivals
- Community holidays
- Iconic cultural sights
- Classic treks
- Wildlife holidays
View our outstanding range of Inca Trail treks which include luxury and Tailor Made options for trekking the classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
- Trek the high Andes in real style, staying in four luxury mountain lodges on the Salkantay Inca trek
- Follow a beautiful trail, away from the crowds of the Inca Trail, with a unique view of Machu Picchu
- Enjoy an excellent acclimatisation programme in Cuzco and the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Cross high passes and see stunning Rainbow Mountain on the spectacular high-altitude Ausangate trek
- Benefit local communities in Ausangate where the lodges employ local people as cooks, lodge keepers and llama drivers
Flight inclusive from £5,500, Land only from £4,750
- Enjoy sightseeing and acclimatisation walks in Cuzco
- Trek the spectacular Inca Trail, carefully tailored to avoid the crowds
- Enter iconic Machu Picchu through the Sun Gate
- First rate camping service on trek
Flight inclusive from £2,695, Land only from £1,945
- Visit Arequipa and Lake Titicaca
- Explore Colca Canyon and the Volcano Pass.
- Visit Inca sites of the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu
- Optional Amazon jungle extension or see the Ballestas Islands and the enigmatic Nazca lines
Flight inclusive from £3,395, Land only from £2,685
- Trek the high Andes in real style, staying in four superb mountain lodges
- Follow a beautiful trail, away from the crowds of the Inca Trail, with unique views of Machu Picchu
- Enjoy the best acclimatisation programme with time in the Sacred Valley
- Tour the incomparable Inca ruins of Machu Picchu
- Optional extension to visit the Uros Islands and Taquile on Lake Titicaca and the ancient chullpas at Sillustani
Flight inclusive from £4,425, Land only from £3,675
Click on a map icon for holiday details