Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Find your base camp trek
Without doubt, the most iconic base camp in the world is Everest Base Camp. However, there are many other opportunities to experience the uniqueness of trekking to the foot of one of the world’s great mountains. Here’s an introduction to our thrilling base camp treks, including our new Makalu Base Camp Trek. Plus, find out more about these classic trekking destinations and what makes these base camps so highly regarded. Read our Introducing Worldwide Base Camp Treks blog post.
- Find your base camp trek
- Best Sellers
- Adventure Specials 2020
- Bhutan holidays
- Autumn Treks in the Himalaya
- Long-distance trails
- Summer getaways
- New adventures
- Everest Base Camp Treks
- Special interest holidays
- Expedition Grade peaks
- Cruising adventures
- In Style holidays
- See the Northern Lights
- Gentle Walking Holidays
- Holidays with festivals
- Community holidays
- Iconic cultural sights
- Classic treks
- Wildlife holidays
- Inca Trail treks to Machu Picchu
Trekking to an iconic base camp can be an incredible experience. As you follow in the footsteps of celebrated explorers you feel a huge sense of achievement and gain a much deeper understanding and respect for mountaineering and its community.
- Trek to both Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar
- Cross the Cho La and ascend Gokyo Ri
- Excellent acclimatisation and highly experienced Sherpa leaders
- Four-star hotel and time to relax and take in the sights of Kathmandu
- Attend the Mani Rimdu Festival on one of our autumn departures
Flight inclusive from £3,025, Land only from £2,225
- Trek to Annapurna Base Camp, 4,130m/13,550ft
- Explore the heart of the Annapurnas, the Annapurna Sanctuary
- Experience Sherpa culture and be escorted by highly experienced Sherpa leaders
- Stay in traditional tea houses on trek and four-star hotels with swimming pools in Kathmandu and Pokhara
Flight inclusive from £2,395, Land only from £1,575
- Trek through wild glacial terrain beneath towering peaks
- Stay in permanent camps along the route
- Experience the incredible helicopter ride from South Inylchek Base Camp to Karkara
- Swim in the warm(ish) waters of Issyk Kul Lake with views of the mountains on all sides
- Optional ascent of Pesnya Abaya
Flight inclusive from £2,890, Land only from £1,995
- Excellent acclimatisation, giving high success rates and greater enjoyment
- Trek to both Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar
- Highly experienced Sherpa leaders, some of whom are Everest summiteers
- Four-star hotel, time to relax and a walking tour whilst in Kathmandu
Flight inclusive from £2,595, Land only from £1,885
- Complete the spectacular trek to Makalu Base Camp where few others have ventured
- Cross the Shipton La pass, and three other high passes, on a single day of sublime trekking
- Enjoy a full day of exploration at Makalu Base Camp
- Encounter varied scenery in different temperate zones as you progress from 700m to over 5,000m
- Stay in tea houses on trek to experience remote village life and contribute directly to the local economy.
Flight inclusive from £2,795, Land only from £1,995
- Trek to Macchapuchare Base Camp and Annapurna Base Camp
- Stay in up-market lodges, and the best tea houses higher up the trail with many extra services included
- A perfect Himalayan trek through classic high mountain scenery to explore the heart of the Annapurna
- Enjoy a high quality hotel in Kathmandu and tour the city's main sights
Flight inclusive from £3,050, Land only from £2,250
- An opportunity to genuinely trek where few other westerners venture.
- Spectacular Himalayan scenery with views of many 8,000m peaks.
- Excellent acclimatisation and ample time to explore.
- Highly experienced Nepali leader and trek crew.
- Relax in a 4* hotel in Kathmandu.
Flight inclusive from £3,435, Land only from £2,635
- For ten nights on trek stay in luxury lodges with excellent facilities, food and service.
- Five other nights are spent in the best tea houses available on the trail.
- Visit the Base Camp of beautiful Ama Dablam and trek to both Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar to gain the most stunning views of Everest
- Excellent acclimatisation and first rate leaders
- Stay in Kathmandu's best hotel - the Dwarika’s Hotel - a 5-star heritage property
Flight inclusive from £3,645, Land only from £2,895
- A well-paced trek with excellent acclimatisation including two rest days
- Trek to the Base Camp of Mount Chomolhari and return via the lesser trekked route across the beautiful Bonte La
- Time included to explore the base camp area and the stunning Soi Yaksey valley
- Walk to Taktsang Monastery and sightseeing in Thimphu
Flight inclusive from £3,595, Land only from £2,995
- Experience one of the world's greatest treks with excellent acclimatisation
- Enjoy spectacular scenery with views of the great peaks of the Karakorams
- Spend a night in the magnificent mountain amphitheatre at Concordia, and two nights at Broad Peak Base Camp
- Take a scenic flight to and from Skardu
Flight inclusive from £3,520, Land only from £2,795
Click on a map icon for holiday details