Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Gentle Walking Holidays
Mountain Kingdoms offer a selection of gentle graded walking holidays to a range of destinations. You don't have to be a trekker to explore mountainous countries such as Peru, Nepal and Bhutan. Our gentle walking holidays mix sightseeing on foot with gentle walks on relatively low altitude trails – so are suitable for people who enjoy easy-paced walks in the British countryside. Accommodation is generally in comfortable lodges, hotels or luxury camps.
- Gentle Walking Holidays
- Adventure Specials
- New adventures
- Christmas getaways
- Everest Base Camp Treks
- Walking Safaris
- Bhutan holidays
- Easter Holiday Adventures 2019
- Expedition Grade peaks
- Summer walking holidays in Europe
- Summer getaways
- Cruising adventures
- In Style holidays
- Annapurna Trekking, Nepal
- See the Northern Lights
- Holidays with festivals
- Community holidays
- Iconic cultural sights
- Classic treks
- Wildlife holidays
- Inca Trail treks to Machu Picchu
Explore the sights on foot, enjoy easy-paced walks and stay in good accommodation on our gentle graded walking holidays.
- First-rate accommodation in Bhutan using comfortable hotels and lodges
- Relax at Dwarika’s hotel in Kathmandu – a unique heritage property
- Explore the cultural highlights of Bhutan including iconic Taktsang Monastery
- Excellent and varied programme of gentle walks
Flight inclusive from £3,445, Land only from £2,695
- Walk on every day of this holiday through stunning mountain scenery to the best viewpoints
- Hike in Banff, Yoho and Jasper National Parks
- Drive along the Icefield Parkway – one of the world’s most scenic highways
- Stay in comfortable hotels or chalets between Banff and Lake Louise, Jasper and Kananaskis
Flight inclusive from £3,190, Land only from £2,495
- Take a sunset cruise to see Kochi’s iconic fishing nets silhouetted against the water
- Walk through tea plantations in the rolling hills of Munnar with views of the Western Ghats
- Visit a flower market, a tea factory and a spice plantation.
- Take an overnight riceboat cruise on Kerala’s languid backwaters
- Search for wild elephant and elusive tiger on a walking safari in Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
Flight inclusive from £2,260, Land only from £1,735
- Visit six of Costa Rica’s premier national parks and wildlife reserves
- Enjoy a varied programme of walks that showcase Costa Rica’s incredibly diverse landscapes.
- Spend time in Tortuguero renowned for its fabulous wildlife and laid-back Caribbean vibe.
- Look for rare and exotic birds in the cloudforest of Monteverde and a take a boat tour along the wildlife-rich waters of Caño Negro Reserve.
- Go hiking amidst the surreal and beautiful volcanic scenery of Rincon de la Vieja in the fiery northwest.
- Relax at the end of your holiday on beautiful Panama Beach with the option to extend.
Flight inclusive from £3,545, Land only from £2,695
- Enjoy easy-paced walks in the beautiful Bulgarian countryside
- Explore three of Bulgaria’s biggest and best mountains ranges, Rhodope, Pirin and Rila
- Discover the 2019 European Capital of Culture, Plovdiv
- Stay in charming, family run village hotels - an authentic cultural experience
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Rila Monastery in the heart of the Rila Mountain range
- Step inside three of Bulgaria’s justifiably famous caves
Flight inclusive from £1,295, Land only from £1,125
- Stay within the walls of the Diocletian Palace in Split
- Discover the fantastic walled-city of Dubrovnik on a walking tour
- Explore four distinctive Dalmatian islands on foot - Brač, Hvar, Korčula and Mljet
- Walk to the highest point of any island in Croatia for breathtaking views as far as Italy
- Sample the island specialities with olive oil tasting on Brač and wine tasting on Korčula
Flight inclusive from £2,075, Land only from £1,550
- Walk to the base camps of both Mount Fitzroy and Cerro Torre – the two iconic peaks of Los Glaciares National Park
- Discover the real Patagonian wilderness at magical Estancia Cristina, a truly remote and historic landmark
- Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Los Glaciares at the Patagonia Eco Domes
- Experience the remarkable sights and sounds of the spectacular Perito Moreno Glacier
- Take a tour of Buenos Aires - Argentina's lively Latin capital
Flight inclusive from £4,595, Land only from £3,695
- Explore the spectacular and little visited hill-top towns and temples of east Bhutan.
- Join just a handful of other westerners at the Tangbi Mani festival celebrations.
- Visit the picturesque village of Ura and stay in a traditional-style farmhouse.
- Cross the high Trumsinghla Pass on an exciting drive to Mongar.
- Walk the pretty ‘super stupa’ trail to Lhuntse Dzong and visit quirky Gom Kora.
- Enjoy gentle walks in the beautiful valleys around Bumthang.
Flight inclusive from £3,670, Land only from £2,975
- Visit remote corners of wild Cambodia including hilltop Preah Vihear Temple
- Explore the architectural wonders of Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom
- Walk with rescued elephants at the Elephant Valley Project
- Spot rare Irrawaddy river dolphins and search for Yellow-cheeked crested gibbons
- Take to the water to see the ‘floating’ stilt houses of Tonle Sap Lake
- Join a Ko Trong family for lunch and experience daily life with the Bunong rural ethnic minority
Flight inclusive from £3,015, Land only from £2,250
- Enjoy superb walks to Moon Valley, Rainbow Valley and the Taito Geysers
- Walk through stunning, multicoloured valleys and gorges in northern Argentina
- See the dazzling Atacama Salt Flats
- Discover ancient rock paintings and visit an observatory
- Tour renowned wineries and take in a tango show in Buenos Aires
Flight inclusive from £5,820, Land only from £4,850
Click on a map icon for holiday details