Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Gentle Walking Holidays
Mountain Kingdoms offer a selection of gentle graded walking holidays to a range of destinations. You don't have to be a trekker to explore mountainous countries such as Peru, Nepal and Bhutan. Our gentle walking holidays mix sightseeing on foot with gentle walks on relatively low altitude trails – so are suitable for people who enjoy easy-paced walks in the British countryside. Accommodation is generally in comfortable lodges, hotels or luxury camps.
- Gentle Walking Holidays
- Long-distance trails
- Summer getaways
- Summer walking holidays in Europe
- Adventure Specials
- New adventures
- Everest Base Camp Treks
- Special interest holidays
- Find your spring break
- Bhutan holidays
- Easter Holiday Adventures 2019
- Expedition Grade peaks
- Cruising adventures
- In Style holidays
- Annapurna Trekking, Nepal
- See the Northern Lights
- Holidays with festivals
- Community holidays
- Iconic cultural sights
- Classic treks
- Wildlife holidays
- Inca Trail treks to Machu Picchu
Explore the sights on foot, enjoy easy-paced walks and stay in good accommodation on our gentle graded walking holidays.
- First-rate accommodation in Bhutan using comfortable hotels and lodges
- Relax at Dwarika’s hotel in Kathmandu – a unique heritage property
- Explore the cultural highlights of Bhutan including iconic Taktsang Monastery
- Excellent and varied programme of gentle walks
Flight inclusive from £3,995, Land only from £2,695
- Visit six of Costa Rica’s premier national parks and wildlife reserves
- Enjoy a varied programme of walks that showcase Costa Rica’s incredibly diverse landscapes.
- Spend time in Tortuguero renowned for its fabulous wildlife and laid-back Caribbean vibe.
- Look for rare and exotic birds in the cloudforest of Monteverde and a take a boat tour along the wildlife-rich waters of Caño Negro Reserve.
- Go hiking amidst the surreal and beautiful volcanic scenery of Rincon de la Vieja in the fiery northwest.
- Relax at the end of your holiday on beautiful Panama Beach with the option to extend.
Flight inclusive from £3,330, Land only from £2,695
- Walk on every day of this holiday through stunning mountain scenery to the best viewpoints
- Hike in Banff, Yoho and Jasper National Parks
- Drive along the Icefield Parkway – one of the world’s most scenic highways
- Stay in comfortable hotels or chalets between Banff and Lake Louise, Jasper and Kananaskis
Flight inclusive from £3,245, Land only from £2,495
- Experience the thrill of encountering wild animals on foot, like the first Luangwa pioneers
- Relax between safaris in delightful intimate bush camps with superb ‘armchair’ game viewing
- Learn about the small details of the African wilderness from the legendary award-winning guides
- Enjoy evenings around the campfire, under a vast African night sky, listening to the distant call of lions
Flight inclusive from £5,605, Land only from £4,565
- Take a sunset cruise to see Kochi’s iconic fishing nets silhouetted against the water
- Walk through tea plantations in the rolling hills of Munnar with views of the Western Ghats
- Visit a flower market, a tea factory and a spice plantation.
- Take an overnight riceboat cruise on Kerala’s languid backwaters
- Search for wild elephant and elusive tiger on a walking safari in Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
Land only from £1,775
- Enjoy easy-paced walks in the beautiful Bulgarian countryside
- Explore three of Bulgaria’s biggest and best mountains ranges, Rhodope, Pirin and Rila
- Discover the 2019 European Capital of Culture, Plovdiv
- Stay in charming, family run village hotels - an authentic cultural experience
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Rila Monastery in the heart of the Rila Mountain range
- Step inside three of Bulgaria’s justifiably famous caves
Flight inclusive from £1,295, Land only from £1,125
- Stay within the walls of the Diocletian Palace in Split
- Discover the fantastic walled-city of Dubrovnik on a walking tour
- Explore four distinctive Dalmatian islands on foot - Brač, Hvar, Korčula and Mljet
- Walk to the highest point of any island in Croatia for breathtaking views as far as Italy
- Sample the island specialities with olive oil tasting on Brač and wine tasting on Korčula
Flight inclusive from £2,075, Land only from £1,550
- Walk to the base camps of both Mount Fitzroy and Cerro Torre – the two iconic peaks of Los Glaciares National Park
- Discover the real Patagonian wilderness at magical Estancia Cristina, a truly remote and historic landmark
- Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Los Glaciares at the Patagonia Eco Domes
- Experience the remarkable sights and sounds of the spectacular Perito Moreno Glacier
- Take a tour of Buenos Aires - Argentina's lively Latin capital
Flight inclusive from £4,310, Land only from £3,695
- Explore the spectacular and little visited hill-top towns and temples of east Bhutan.
- Join just a handful of other westerners at the Tangbi Mani festival celebrations.
- Visit the picturesque village of Ura and stay in a traditional farmhouse for one night.
- Cross the high Thrumsingh La Pass on an exciting drive to Mongar.
- Visit the fantastic ancient monastery/castle on its hilltop at Lhuentse and quirky Gom Kora.
- Enjoy gentle walks in the beautiful valleys around Bumthang.
Flight inclusive from £3,670, Land only from £2,975
- Visit remote corners of wild Cambodia including hilltop Preah Vihear Temple
- Explore the architectural wonders of Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom
- Walk with rescued elephants at the Elephant Valley Project
- Spot rare Irrawaddy river dolphins and search for Yellow-cheeked crested gibbons
- Take to the water to see the ‘floating’ stilt houses of Tonle Sap Lake
- Join a Ko Trong family for lunch and experience daily life with the Bunong rural ethnic minority
Flight inclusive from £3,015, Land only from £2,265
Click on a map icon for holiday details