Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
What makes Nepal walking & trekking holidays so special?
What makes Nepal so special?
For visitors to Nepal, trekking is still the biggest draw but the bustling city life and rich cultural traditions provide plenty to keep you occupied away from the mountains. What many visitors think will be their one trip of a lifetime all too often turns into a long-term love affair with this wonderful country and its people. Whether you want to go trekking in Nepal or tour the highlights of the country, Mountain Kingdoms will have the perfect holiday in for you.
The epic scale of the Everest and Annapurna mountain ranges naturally make these the two most popular regions for trekking in Nepal – some of these routes, such as the Everest Base Camp Trek and the Annapurna Circuit, are regarded as being among the best walks in the world. Venture further afield into ‘Wild Nepal’ and you will find pristine mountain scenery, remote villages and a culture still relatively untouched by tourism.
Our holidays in Nepal will always spend plenty of time in the fascinating city of Kathmandu and give you a genuine taste of traditional Nepalese culture. We also have lots of exciting options for extending your time in Nepal from going on safari at Chitwan National Park to gentle rafting on the Seti River and from an indulgent stay in a stylish lodge near Pokhara to a stunning sightseeing flight for up-close views of Mount Everest.
Nepal walking & trekking holidays
Nepal is the most exciting of the Himalayan nations, with the highest mountains and most vibrant culture, and has rightly been a favourite destination for travellers and trekkers for many years.
- Discover towering Himalayan peaks, sacred lakes and hidden valleys - only a short drive from Kathmandu
- Enjoy a fabulous Himalayan tea house trek on quieter trails through the home of the Tamang and Yolmo Sherpa people
- Gain excellent acclimatisation with a gradual ascent and time to explore the beautiful area around Kyanjin Gompa
- Stay in welcoming tea houses and support the local communities
Flight inclusive from £1,945, Land only from £1,295
- Trek to both Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar
- Cross the Cho La and ascend Gokyo Ri
- Excellent acclimatisation and highly experienced Sherpa leaders
- Four-star hotel and time to relax and take in the sights of Kathmandu
- November 2019 departures attend the Mani Rimdu festival
Flight inclusive from £2,600, Land only from £2,050
- Trek to Annapurna Base Camp, 4,130m/13,550ft
- Explore the heart of the Annapurnas, the Annapurna Sanctuary
- Experience Sherpa culture and be escorted by highly experienced Sherpa leaders
- Stay in traditional tea houses on trek and four-star hotels with swimming pools in Kathmandu and Pokhara
Flight inclusive from £2,395, Land only from £1,545
- Experience the unique cultures of Dolpo and Mustang
- Trek through impressive high mountain scenery and isolated villages
- Cross three remote passes over 5,000m where very few others have trekked
- Spend time in the ancient walled city of Lo Manthang and legendary Dho Tarap
- Enjoy first rate camping and a four star hotel in Kathmandu before and after the trek
Flight inclusive from £4,735, Land only from £3,935
- A distinctive and improved version of the classic Manaslu Circuit with spectacular scenery from start to finish
- Excellent acclimatisation with rest days before ad after crossing the Larkya La
- Explore picturesque Tibetan villages in the Tsum valley
- Staying in tea houses on trek and a four star hotel in Kathmandu
Flight inclusive from £2,650, Land only from £1,850
- Enjoy spectacular views of the Kathmandu valley and Himalayan peaks from Haatiban
- Relax at the Summit River Lodge with the refreshing sound of the Trusili River below
- See the real Nepal, go beyond the beaten track and discover untouched villages
- Stay in beautifully located lodges with comfy beds, hot showers and great food
- Sightseeing in Pokhara with a magnificent backdrop scenery of the Annapurna
Flight inclusive from £2,300, Land only from £1,750
- Trek to Macchapuchare Base Camp and Annapurna Base Camp
- Stay in up-market lodges, and the best tea houses higher up the trail with many extra services included
- A perfect Himalayan trek through classic high mountain scenery to explore the heart of the Annapurna
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu and two nights in the luxurious Dwarika's Hotel
Flight inclusive from £3,045, Land only from £2,295
- A classic trek with stunning varied scenery and cultural interest at every step
- An improved route that avoids roads and gives the best trekking experience
- Crossing the Thorong La - a true high point at 5,416m/17,769ft
- A four-star hotel in Kathmandu at the start and end of your trek
Flight inclusive from £2,815, Land only from £1,795
- Explore the artistic and cultural heritage of ancient Kathmandu
- Enjoy stunning views of the Himalayan mountains
- Visit all the key cultural sights in Bhutan, including iconic Taktsang Monastery
- Experience traditional Nepalese village life in Bandipur
- Enjoy time in scenic Pokhara with a boat ride on the lake
- Stay at comfortable hotels throughout
Flight inclusive from £3,785, Land only from £2,795
- An opportunity to genuinely trek where few other westerners venture.
- Spectacular Himalayan scenery with views of many 8,000m peaks.
- Excellent acclimatisation and ample time to explore.
- Highly experienced Nepali leader and trek crew.
- Relax in a 4* hotel in Kathmandu.
Flight inclusive from £3,490, Land only from £2,320
Click on a map icon for holiday details