Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
What makes Nepal walking & trekking holidays so special?
What makes Nepal so special?
For visitors to Nepal, trekking is still the biggest draw but the bustling city life and rich cultural traditions provide plenty to keep you occupied away from the mountains. What many visitors think will be their one trip of a lifetime all too often turns into a long-term love affair with this wonderful country and its people. Whether you want to go trekking in Nepal or tour the highlights of the country, Mountain Kingdoms will have the perfect holiday in for you.
The epic scale of the Everest and Annapurna mountain ranges naturally make these the two most popular regions for trekking in Nepal – some of these routes, such as the Everest Base Camp Trek and the Annapurna Circuit, are regarded as being among the best walks in the world. Venture further afield into ‘Wild Nepal’ and you will find pristine mountain scenery, remote villages and a culture still relatively untouched by tourism.
We also offer lots of exciting options for extending your time in Nepal from going on safari at Chitwan National Park to gentle rafting on the Seti River and from an indulgent stay in a stylish lodge near Pokhara to a stunning sightseeing flight for up-close views of Mount Everest.
Nepal walking & trekking holidays
Nepal is the most exciting of the Himalayan nations, with the highest mountains and most vibrant culture, and has rightly been a favourite destination for travellers and trekkers for many years.
- Trek to both Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar
- Cross the Cho La and ascend Gokyo Ri
- Excellent acclimatisation and highly experienced Sherpa leaders
- Four-star hotel and time to relax and take in the sights of Kathmandu
- Attend the Mani Rimdu Festival on one of our autumn departures
Flight inclusive from £3,025, Land only from £2,225
- Trek to Annapurna Base Camp, 4,130m/13,550ft
- Explore the heart of the Annapurnas, the Annapurna Sanctuary
- Experience Sherpa culture and be escorted by highly experienced Sherpa leaders
- Stay in traditional tea houses on trek and four-star hotels with swimming pools in Kathmandu and Pokhara
Flight inclusive from £2,395, Land only from £1,575
- Realise the ambition of a lifetime by running the world’s highest marathon
- Cross two spectacular passes over 5,000 metres: the Renjo La and the Cho La.
- Spend two nights camping at Everest Base Camp where the race starts at 5,300m/17,388ft
- Walk up to Kala Pattar at 5,545m/18,193ft for superb views of Mount Everest
- Stay at a four star hotel in Kathmandu with time to relax or take in the sights of the city
Flight inclusive from £3,050, Land only from £2,425
- Be among the first to trek this new trail up to Dhaulagiri South Base Camp over the Gauda Kharka pass and down into the Kali Gandaki Gorge
- Enjoy varied scenery and fantastic views of towering snow-capped peaks
- Trek into the heart of the high Himalayas without ascending to excessive altitude – high point 4,100m
- Observe traditional rural life as you walk through picturesque villages little changed by time
- Experience the comforts of a full service camping trek
Flight inclusive from £3,195, Land only from £2,395
- All the key cultural highlights including Tiger’s Nest Monastery, Potala Palace and Durbar Square
- Join the celebrations at a Bhutanese festival
- A well-paced itinerary with ample time for sightseeing, optional walks and good acclimatisation
- Good quality hotel accommodation throughout
Flight inclusive from £4,500, Land only from £3,750
- Experience a genuine wilderness trek in the heart of the Annapurna mountains
- Cross three challenging passes: the Kang La, 5,300m, the Meokanto La, 5,120m and the Namun La, 4,850m
- Enjoy incredible close-up views of the Annapurnas, Machhapuchare, Manaslu and Dhaulagiri
- Camp at 5,000m at stunning Tilicho lake - a unique experience
- Explore the delightful mountain villages of Naar and Phu
Flight inclusive from £4,545, Land only from £3,795
- Excellent acclimatisation, giving high success rates and greater enjoyment
- Trek to both Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar
- Highly experienced Sherpa leaders, some of whom are Everest summiteers
- Four-star hotel, time to relax and a walking tour whilst in Kathmandu
Flight inclusive from £2,595, Land only from £1,885
- Complete the spectacular trek to Makalu Base Camp where few others have ventured
- Cross the Shipton La pass, and three other high passes, on a single day of sublime trekking
- Enjoy a full day of exploration at Makalu Base Camp
- Encounter varied scenery in different temperate zones as you progress from 700m to over 5,000m
- Stay in tea houses on trek to experience remote village life and contribute directly to the local economy.
Flight inclusive from £2,795, Land only from £1,995
- Trek for 16 days through impressive high mountain scenery and isolated villages
- Camp by the turquoise waters of Phuksundo Lake
- Experience the ancient Tibetan culture of the region - little changed over time
- Enjoy first rate camping and a four star hotel in Kathmandu before and after the trek
Flight inclusive from £4,745, Land only from £3,995
- Discover towering Himalayan peaks, sacred lakes and hidden valleys - only a short drive from Kathmandu
- Enjoy a fabulous Himalayan tea house trek on quieter trails through the home of the Tamang and Yolmo Sherpa people
- Gain excellent acclimatisation with a gradual ascent and time to explore the beautiful area around Kyanjin Gompa
- Stay in welcoming tea houses and support the local communities
Flight inclusive from £2,295, Land only from £1,495
Click on a map icon for holiday details