Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
What makes Nepal walking & trekking holidays so special?
What makes Nepal so special?
For visitors to Nepal, trekking is still the biggest draw but the bustling city life and rich cultural traditions provide plenty to keep you occupied away from the mountains. What many visitors think will be their one trip of a lifetime all too often turns into a long-term love affair with this wonderful country and its people. Whether you want to go trekking in Nepal or tour the highlights of the country, Mountain Kingdoms will have the perfect holiday in for you.
The epic scale of the Everest and Annapurna mountain ranges naturally make these the two most popular regions for trekking in Nepal – some of these routes, such as the Everest Base Camp Trek and the Annapurna Circuit, are regarded as being among the best walks in the world. Venture further afield into ‘Wild Nepal’ and you will find pristine mountain scenery, remote villages and a culture still relatively untouched by tourism.
Our holidays in Nepal will always spend plenty of time in the fascinating city of Kathmandu and give you a genuine taste of traditional Nepalese culture. We also have lots of exciting options for extending your time in Nepal from going on safari at Chitwan National Park to gentle rafting on the Seti River and from an indulgent stay in a stylish lodge near Pokhara to a stunning sightseeing flight for up-close views of Mount Everest.
Nepal walking & trekking holidays
Nepal is the most exciting of the Himalayan nations, with the highest mountains and most vibrant culture, and has rightly been a favourite destination for travellers and trekkers for many years.
- Trek to Annapurna Base Camp, 4,130m/13,550ft
- Explore the heart of the Annapurnas, the Annapurna Sanctuary
- Experience Sherpa culture and be escorted by highly experienced Sherpa leaders
- Stay in traditional tea houses on trek and four-star hotels with swimming pools in Kathmandu and Pokhara
Flight inclusive from £2,220, Land only from £1,545
- A classic trek with stunning varied scenery and cultural interest at every step
- An improved route that avoids roads and gives the best trekking experience
- Crossing the Thorong La - a true high point at 5,416m/17,769ft
- A four-star hotel in Kathmandu at the start and end of your trek
Flight inclusive from £2,445, Land only from £1,795
- Trek to both Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar
- Cross the Cho La and ascend Gokyo Ri
- Excellent acclimatisation and highly experienced Sherpa leaders
- Four-star hotel and time to relax and take in the sights of Kathmandu
- October 2018 and November 2019 departures attend the Mani Rimdu festival
Flight inclusive from £2,600, Land only from £2,050
- A distinctive and improved version of the classic Manaslu Circuit with spectacular scenery from start to finish
- Excellent acclimatisation with rest days before ad after crossing the Larkya La
- Explore picturesque Tibetan villages in the Tsum valley
- Staying in tea houses on trek and a four star hotel in Kathmandu
Flight inclusive from £2,445, Land only from £1,850
- Trek to Macchapuchare Base Camp and Annapurna Base Camp
- Stay in up-market lodges, and the best tea houses higher up the trail with many extra services included
- A perfect Himalayan trek through classic high mountain scenery to explore the heart of the Annapurna
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu and two nights in the luxurious Dwarika's Hotel
Flight inclusive from £3,070, Land only from £2,295
- Explore the artistic and cultural heritage of ancient Kathmandu
- Enjoy stunning views of the Himalayan mountains
- Visit all the key cultural sights in Bhutan, including iconic Taktsang Monastery
- Experience traditional Nepalese village life in Bandipur
- Enjoy time in scenic Pokhara with a boat ride on the lake
- Stay at comfortable hotels throughout
Flight inclusive from £3,425, Land only from £2,795
- For ten nights on trek stay in luxury lodges with excellent facilities, food and service.
- Five other nights are spent in the best tea houses available on the trail.
- Visit the Base Camp of beautiful Ama Dablam and trek to both Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar to gain the most stunning views of Everest
- Excellent acclimatisation and first rate leaders
- Stay in Kathmandu's best hotel - the Dwarika’s Hotel - a 5-star heritage property
Flight inclusive from £3,345, Land only from £2,795
- Towering Himalayan peaks, sacred lakes and deep hidden valleys - all within a day's drive from Kathmandu
- A culturally rich trek into the home of the Tamang and the Yolmo Sherpa people
- Traditional tea houses and a warm welcome on the trail
- 4* hotel in Kathmandu at the start and end of the trek
Flight inclusive from £2,300, Land only from £1,550
- Varied trekking through beautiful Himalayan scenery at relatively low altitudes
- Experience traditional rural life in Nepal as you trek through small villages away from the main tourist trails
- Enjoy a magical Himalayan sunset and sunrise at Mohare and panoramic views of the Annapurnas from Poon Hill
- Stay in friendly community run lodges which provide a critical income source for local people
Flight inclusive from £2,005, Land only from £1,355
- Enjoy gentle walks in stunning scenery with guides who will introduce you to Nepal’s culture, wildlife and flora.
- Join yoga/meditation classes suitable for all levels, and relax in inviting spas with infinity pools.
- Enjoy a range of uplifting activities, from salt therapy to pottery, at Dwarika’s Dhulikhel resort.
- See the sun rise over the snow-capped Annapurnas on a dawn boat ride in Pokhara.
- Explore the ancient Newar city of Bhaktapur in the Kathmandu Valley
- Stay in four of the best boutique hotels in Nepal, with excellent wellness facilities.
Flight inclusive from £3,145, Land only from £2,295
Click on a map icon for holiday details