Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
What makes Nepal Walking & Trekking Holidays so special?
What makes Nepal so special?
For visitors to Nepal, trekking is still the biggest draw but the bustling city life and rich cultural traditions provide plenty to keep you occupied away from the mountains. What many visitors think will be their one trip of a lifetime all too often turns into a long-term love affair with this wonderful country and its people. Whether you want to go trekking in Nepal or tour the highlights of the country, Mountain Kingdoms will have the perfect holiday in for you.
The epic scale of the Everest and Annapurna mountain ranges naturally make these the two most popular regions for trekking in Nepal – some of these routes, such as the Everest Base Camp Trek and the Annapurna Circuit, are regarded as being among the best walks in the world. Venture further afield into ‘Wild Nepal’ and you will find pristine mountain scenery, remote villages and a culture still relatively untouched by tourism.
Our tours in Nepal will always spend plenty of time in the fascinating city of Kathmandu and give you a genuine taste of traditional Nepalese culture. If you are lucky enough to visit during a Buddhist festival you will be a part of an unforgettable celebration, and we also include an exciting rafting trip down the Seti River and a game-viewing trip to the famous Chitwan National Park on our Nepal Tour.
Nepal Walking & Trekking Holidays
Nepal is the most exciting of the Himalayan nations, with the highest mountains and most vibrant culture, and has rightly been a favourite destination for travellers for many years.
- The perfect first Himalayan trek through classic high mountain scenery
- Highly experienced Sherpa leaders
- Free hire of a down jacket, 4 season sleeping bag and fleece liner
- Four-star hotels with swimming pools in Kathmandu and Pokhara
Flight inclusive from £2,345, Land only from £1,545
- Stay in high quality trekking lodges with lots of home comforts
- Relax at Dwarika’s 5-star heritage hotel in Kathmandu and tour the city’s main sights
- Discover the Annapurna foothills and the Everest region on two well-paced treks with stunning views
- Enjoy the best trekking experience with excellent acclimatisation and first rate leaders
Flight inclusive from £3,575, Land only from £2,775
- Excellent acclimatisation, giving high success rates and greater enjoyment
- Trek to both Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar
- Highly experienced Sherpa leaders, some of whom are Everest summiteers
- Four-star hotel, time to relax and a walking tour whilst in Kathmandu
Flight inclusive from £2,630, Land only from £1,845
- Carefully planned route that provides the best acclimatisation as well as stunning Himalayan scenery
- Highly experienced UIAGM leader and Sherpa trek crew
- Tea house accommodation on the trail with 2 nights camping at Mera Peak
- Four star hotel in Kathmandu with time for rest and relaxation after your trek
Flight inclusive from £3,450, Land only from £2,650
- Trek to the remote villages, cave complexes and monasteries north of Lo Manthang and meet the local nomads.
- Return down the wild eastern side of Mustang.
- Stay in lodges in Mustang as well as enjoying a full camping experience in the ‘wild’ sections of this unique trek.
- Join in the flamboyant celebrations of the Tiji Festival on the April departure.
Flight inclusive from £4,070, Land only from £3,445
- Trek to both Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar
- Cross the Cho La and ascend Gokyo Ri
- Excellent acclimatisation and highly experienced Sherpa leaders
- Four-star hotel and time to relax and take in the sights of Kathmandu
- October 2018 departure attends the Mani Rimdu festival
Flight inclusive from £2,850, Land only from £2,050
- Achieve five superb objectives all over 5,000 metres: the passes of Renjo La, Cho La and Kongma La, and the summits of Gokyo Ri and Kala Pattar
- Trek in the more unspoilt valleys of the Khumbu approaching the Renjo La and Chukhung
- View Everest, Makalu, Lhotse and Cholatse, the Himalayan giants, in their full glory
- Stay at a four star hotel in Kathmandu with time to relax or take in the sights of the city
Flight inclusive from £2,900, Land only from £2,135
- For ten nights on trek stay in luxury lodges with excellent facilities, food and service. Five other nights are spent in the best tea houses available on the trail.
- Visit the Base Camp of beautiful Ama Dablam and trek to both Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar to gain the most stunning views of Everest
- Excellent acclimatisation and first rate leaders
- Stay in Kathmandu's best hotel - the Dwarika’s Hotel - a 5-star heritage property
Flight inclusive from £3,590, Land only from £2,795
- A classic trek with stunning varied scenery and cultural interest at every step
- An improved route that avoids roads and gives the best trekking experience
- Crossing the Thorong La - a true high point at 5,416m/17,769ft
- Four-star hotel, time to relax and a walking tour in Kathmandu
Flight inclusive from £2,745, Land only from £1,995
- Camp at 5,000m at Lake Tilicho with its stunning sunrise
- Visit the remote mountain villages or Phu and Naar and get away from the main trail and into a truly remote area
- Take in the stunning views from the Kang la Pass and the breathtaking Tilicho mountain range
- Relax in a four-star hotel in Kathmandu and enjoy a guided walking tour
Flight inclusive from £3,445, Land only from £2,650
Click on a map icon for holiday details