Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
What makes Nepal walking & trekking holidays so special?
What makes Nepal so special?
For visitors to Nepal, trekking is still the biggest draw but the bustling city life and rich cultural traditions provide plenty to keep you occupied away from the mountains. What many visitors think will be their one trip of a lifetime all too often turns into a long-term love affair with this wonderful country and its people. Whether you want to go trekking in Nepal or tour the highlights of the country, Mountain Kingdoms will have the perfect holiday in for you.
The epic scale of the Everest and Annapurna mountain ranges naturally make these the two most popular regions for trekking in Nepal – some of these routes, such as the Everest Base Camp Trek and the Annapurna Circuit, are regarded as being among the best walks in the world. Venture further afield into ‘Wild Nepal’ and you will find pristine mountain scenery, remote villages and a culture still relatively untouched by tourism.
Our holidays in Nepal will always spend plenty of time in the fascinating city of Kathmandu and give you a genuine taste of traditional Nepalese culture. We also have lots of exciting options for extending your time in Nepal from going on safari at Chitwan National Park to gentle rafting on the Seti River and from an indulgent stay in a stylish lodge near Pokhara to a stunning sightseeing flight for up-close views of Mount Everest.
Nepal walking & trekking holidays
Nepal is the most exciting of the Himalayan nations, with the highest mountains and most vibrant culture, and has rightly been a favourite destination for travellers and trekkers for many years.
- The perfect first Himalayan trek through classic high mountain scenery
- Highly experienced Sherpa leaders
- Free hire of a down jacket, 4 season sleeping bag and fleece liner
- Stay in traditional tea houses on trek
- Four-star hotels with swimming pools in Kathmandu and Pokhara
Flight inclusive from £2,220, Land only from £1,545
- Trek to both Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar
- Cross the Cho La and ascend Gokyo Ri
- Excellent acclimatisation and highly experienced Sherpa leaders
- Four-star hotel and time to relax and take in the sights of Kathmandu
- October 2018 and November 2019 departures attend the Mani Rimdu festival
Flight inclusive from £2,900, Land only from £2,050
- Trek to Macchapuchare Base Camp and Annapurna Base Camp
- Stay in up-market lodges, and the best tea houses higher up the trail with many extra services included
- A perfect Himalayan trek through classic high mountain scenery to explore the heart of the Annapurna
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu and two nights in the luxurious Dwarika's Hotel
Flight inclusive from £3,070, Land only from £2,295
- A classic trek with stunning varied scenery and cultural interest at every step
- An improved route that avoids roads and gives the best trekking experience
- Crossing the Thorong La - a true high point at 5,416m/17,769ft
- A four-star hotel in Kathmandu at the start and end of your trek
Flight inclusive from £2,545, Land only from £1,845
- Painting in historic Kathmandu and the inspiring Annapurna mountains
- Tuition from accomplished artist Susanna Bailey
- Sightseeing in Bhaktapur, Pokhara and Bandipur
- Gentle rafting on the Trusili River
- Stay in Dwarika's Hotel for three nights in Kathmandu
Land only from £2,675
- Towering Himalayan peaks, sacred lakes and deep hidden valleys - all within a day's drive from Kathmandu
- A culturally rich trek into the home of the Tamang and the Yolmo Sherpa people
- Traditional tea houses and a warm welcome on the trail
- 4* hotel in Kathmandu at the start and end of the trek
Flight inclusive from £2,370, Land only from £1,565
- An accessible yet genuine wilderness trek – few trekkers, or even locals, use this trail.
- A wild trek with breath-taking scenery that fits into a two week holiday.
- Cross the remote and challenging Naman pass, 4,850m/15,912ft.
- Enjoy incredible views of the Langjung Himal, Annapurnas, Machhapuchhre and Manaslu.
Flight inclusive from £2,555, Land only from £1,895
- Stay in high quality trekking lodges with lots of home comforts
- Relax at Dwarika’s 5-star heritage hotel in Kathmandu and tour the city’s main sights
- Discover the Annapurna foothills and the Everest region on two well-paced treks with stunning views
- Enjoy the best trekking experience with excellent acclimatisation and first rate leaders
Flight inclusive from £3,495, Land only from £2,745
- Excellent acclimatisation, giving high success rates and greater enjoyment
- Trek to both Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar
- Highly experienced Sherpa leaders, some of whom are Everest summiteers
- Four-star hotel, time to relax and a walking tour whilst in Kathmandu
Flight inclusive from £2,445, Land only from £1,745
- Carefully planned route that provides the best acclimatisation as well as stunning Himalayan scenery
- Highly experienced UIAGM leader and Sherpa trek crew
- Tea house accommodation on the trail with 2 nights camping at Mera Peak
- Four star hotel in Kathmandu with time for rest and relaxation after your trek
Flight inclusive from £3,470, Land only from £2,595
Click on a map icon for holiday details