Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Known as the ‘Kingdom of the Thunder Dragon’ by its people, Bhutan is a
beautiful and profoundly spiritual country with striking mountains,
vibrant Buddhist festivals and a fascinating traditional way of life.
Whether you go on a cultural tour of Bhutan or a trekking holiday into
its hidden valleys, Mountain Kingdoms is the Himalayan specialist with
the expertise to give you an unforgettable experience and offers the very best cultural tours of Bhutan, trekking holidays and tailor made holidays to Bhutan.
Our trekking holidays in Bhutan will take you deep into the isolated mountains and valleys of the country. Our high mountain treks, including the Hidden Kingdom Trek, focus on trekking amidst the highest peaks and passes in Bhutan; other trekking holiday routes stray off-the-beaten-track, following old trade and smuggling routes rarely visited by foreigners.
Tours in Bhutan typically revolve around one of the country’s many fascinating Buddhist festivals with amazing displays of national celebration and religious devotion. Our Bhutan tours also give you a unique opportunity to visit remote villages and experience the traditional Bhutanese way of life.
Whatever you want from your visit to this unique country, Mountain Kingdoms will have a trek or tour for you, and, if we don’t, we can always help you to design your own! Alongside our standard itineraries, we also offer Tailor Made holidays to Bhutan, allowing us to create the perfect trip to suit your needs. Whether you take a trekking holiday along Bhutan’s ancient trade routes, climb the highest mountains, explore remote villages or take a tour of Bhutan’s main cultural centres and sights, a trek, tour or Tailor Made holiday in Bhutan will take you right to the heart of the Kingdom of the Thunder Dragon.
- Bhutan holidays
- Adventure Specials
- New holidays for 2018
- Christmas getaways
- Expedition Grade peaks
- Everest Treks, Nepal
- Walking Safaris
- Summer getaways
- Cruising Holidays
- In Style holidays
- Annapurna Trekking, Nepal
- See the Northern Lights
- Gentle Walking Holidays
- Holidays with festivals
- Community holidays
- Iconic cultural sights
- Classic treks
- Wildlife holidays
- Inca Trail treks to Machu Picchu
Mountain Kingdoms has been organising walking holidays, trekking holidays, cycling and cultural tours to Bhutan for more than 30 years. We offer many exceptional holidays to Bhutan, ranging from first class tours to a 27 day epic adventure trek and a mix of everything in between!
- Trek one of Bhutan’s oldest trails with superb scenery and mountain views
- Visit Bhutan’s cultural highlights including Tiger’s Nest Monastery
- First rate camping whilst on trek and well appointed hotels in Bhutan
- Relax and enjoy a full day at leisure in Kathmandu
Flight inclusive from £3,445, Land only from £2,695
- Spend three nights in approved farmhouse homestays to experience the lives of the local people.
- Trek for two days on the Bumdra Trek to reach celebrated Taktsang Monastery.
- Enjoy varied and interesting day walks.
- Discover the beautiful 'hidden' valleys of Phobjika and Haa.
- Attend a Bhutanese festival.
Flight inclusive from £3,500, Land only from £2,855
- Cross high passes to enter Lunana, the most remote region of Bhutan
- Take a spectacular new route out of Lunana, researched by our MD, Steve Berry
- Spend time with the people of Laya with their unique dress and cultural traditions
- Look for rare tigers in the mountains near Laya
- Enjoy first-rate camping facilities on trek and relax in a four-star hotel in Kathmandu
Flight inclusive from £7,975, Land only from £7,225
- Trek the original trail, linking the Paro, Thimphu and Punakha valleys
- Camp in the wilderness, fully supported, amongst high mountains and forests
- Experience traditional rural villages and their people
- Visit Dzongs and the famous Tiger’s Nest Monastery
Flight inclusive from £4,095, Land only from £3,295
- First rate accommodation in Bhutan using comfortable hotels and lodges
- Relax at Dwarika’s hotel in Kathmandu – a unique heritage property
- Explore the cultural highlights of Bhutan including iconic Taktsang Monastery
- Excellent and varied programme of gentle walks
Flight inclusive from £3,545, Land only from £2,695
- Visit the iconic Taktsang Monastery, known as ‘Tigers Nest’
- Acclimatise in the beautiful Haa Valley and stay in a lovely heritage lodge
- Trek over small passes, up to easy rocky summits and through pristine forests
- Camp near sacred Tsho Napatta Lake
Flight inclusive from £4,020, Land only from £3,335
- Join the celebrations at the impressive Paro Tsechu in the spring or the Thimphu Festival in the autumn
- Take an Everest flight for close up views of the world’s highest mountain
- Explore Bhutan’s key cultural sights including Tiger’s Nest Monastery
- Stay in first-rate hotel accommodation throughout including sumptuous Dwarika’s in Kathmandu
Flight inclusive from £4,920, Land only from £4,165
- Trek along an ancient trading route in a remote, beautiful and culturally fascinating area of eastern Bhutan
- Keep watch for yetis near the Rodang La - a traditional haunt of this most elusive of creatures and also a world renowned birding hotspot
- Join the celebrations at the vibrant Tangbi Mani festival
- Walk to Tiger’s Nest Monastery in Paro and visit many of the dzongs, temples and other key cultural attractions of eastern Bhutan
Flight inclusive from £5,030, Land only from £4,245
- Visit the key cultural sights including the Tiger’s Nest Monastery and Punakha Dzong
- Explore the countryside in the beautiful Haa Valley
- Join the celebrations at a Bhutanese festival
- Stay in good quality hotels in Bhutan and at Dwarika’s in Kathmandu - a unique heritage property
Flight inclusive from £3,445, Land only from £2,690
- Explore the incredible wild country south of Gangkar Punsum
- Trek through the rarely visited Chamkhar Chhu valley
- Enjoy close up views of Bhutan's highest peak
- Walk up to the breathtaking clifftop temple of Taktsang Monastery
Flight inclusive from £6,645, Land only from £5,895
Click on a map icon for holiday details