Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
What makes Bhutan so special?
Bhutan treks, walking holidays and cultural tours offer a unique insight into the Kingdom of the Thunder Dragon, the most mysterious of all the Himalayan Kingdoms.
Bhutan trekking or tours will take you on a journey through the country’s ancient history. It is a story of a struggle for power up until the late 19th century when the old orders were swept away and a hereditary monarchy was established in Bhutan. Treks and tours through the spectacular, country are the best ways to explore Bhutan - one of the most fascinating places on earth.
With its spectacular location nestled in the Himalaya between Tibet and India, our Bhutan trekking trips, walking holidays and cultural tours will take you into one of the most intriguing countries of the modern world. As well as awe-inspiring mountain vistas, a Bhutan trek will afford you the opportunity to experience first hand the legendary hospitality and open hearted happiness of the local people.
For an authentic taste of culture, a Bhutan trekking holiday or tour can coincide with one of the country’s colourful Budddhist festivals, and you can become a part of one of these unforgettable celebrations. Our tours include gentle strolls with plenty of time to enjoy the traditional culture and heritage for which Bhutan is renowned. You will spend time with local weavers in their own homes and explore the dominating monastery-fortresses (dzongs) present in many towns and villages. The Himalayan valleys are also home to some unique and fascinating flora and fauna which our Bhutan treks and tours will give you the opportunity to observe.
Bhutan Holidays - Walks, Treks & Tours
Timeless traditions, unique architecture and stunning Himalayan scenery combine to make Bhutan the most fascinating of all the Himalayan kingdoms.
- Visit the key cultural sights including the Tiger’s Nest Monastery and Punakha Dzong
- Explore the countryside in the beautiful Haa Valley
- Join the celebrations at a Bhutanese festival
- Stay in Dwarika’s Hotel in Kathmandu - a unique 5* heritage property
Flight inclusive from £3,530, Land only from £2,695
- Explore the artistic and cultural heritage of ancient Kathmandu
- Enjoy stunning views of the Himalayan mountains
- Visit all the key cultural sights in Bhutan, including iconic Taktsang Monastery
- Experience traditional Nepalese village life in Bandipur
- Enjoy time in scenic Pokhara with a boat ride on the lake
- Stay at comfortable hotels throughout
Flight inclusive from £3,425, Land only from £2,795
- Join the celebrations at the impressive Paro Tsechu in the spring or the Thimphu Festival in the autumn
- Take an Everest flight for close-up views of the world’s highest mountain
- Explore Bhutan’s key cultural sights including the Tiger’s Nest Monastery
- Stay in first-rate hotel accommodation throughout including sumptuous Dwarika’s in Kathmandu
Flight inclusive from £4,970, Land only from £4,085
- All the key cultural highlights including Tiger’s Nest Monastery, Potala Palace and Durbar Square
- Join the festivities on the September departure at the impressive Thimphu Festival
- A well-paced itinerary with ample time for sightseeing, optional walks and good acclimatisation
- Good quality hotel accommodation throughout
Flight inclusive from £4,210, Land only from £3,415
- Explore Bhutan’s main sights - Paro, Thimphu & Punakha
- Superior cabin in a luxurious cruise boat
- Visit a tea plantation and Majuli Island
- Jeep safari in Kaziranga National Park to see rhinos
Flight inclusive from £4,850, Land only from £4,250
Click on a map icon for holiday details