Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
What makes Bhutan so special?
Bhutan treks, walking holidays and cultural tours offer a unique insight into the Kingdom of the Thunder Dragon, the most mysterious of all the Himalayan Kingdoms.
Bhutan trekking or tours will take you on a journey through the country’s ancient history. It is a story of a struggle for power up until the late 19th century when the old orders were swept away and a hereditary monarchy was established in Bhutan. Treks and tours through the spectacular, country are the best ways to explore Bhutan - one of the most fascinating places on earth.
With its spectacular location nestled in the Himalaya between Tibet and India, our Bhutan trekking trips, walking holidays and cultural tours will take you into one of the most intriguing countries of the modern world. As well as awe-inspiring mountain vistas, a Bhutan trek will afford you the opportunity to experience first hand the legendary hospitality and open hearted happiness of the local people.
For an authentic taste of culture, a Bhutan trekking holiday or tour can coincide with one of the country’s colourful Budddhist festivals, and you can become a part of one of these unforgettable celebrations. Our tours include gentle strolls with plenty of time to enjoy the traditional culture and heritage for which Bhutan is renowned. You will spend time with local weavers in their own homes and explore the dominating monastery-fortresses (dzongs) present in many towns and villages. The Himalayan valleys are also home to some unique and fascinating flora and fauna which our Bhutan treks and tours will give you the opportunity to observe.
Bhutan Holidays - Walks, Treks & Tours
Timeless traditions, unique architecture and stunning Himalayan scenery combine to make Bhutan the most fascinating of all the Himalayan kingdoms.
- Trek one of Bhutan’s oldest trails with superb scenery and mountain views
- Visit Bhutan’s cultural highlights including Tiger’s Nest Monastery
- First-rate camping whilst on trek and well appointed hotels in Bhutan
- Relax and enjoy a full day at leisure in Kathmandu
- Join the festivities at a Bhutanese festivals (on select departures)
Flight inclusive from £3,195, Land only from £2,595
- First-rate accommodation in Bhutan using comfortable hotels and lodges
- Relax at Dwarika’s hotel in Kathmandu – a unique heritage property
- Explore the cultural highlights of Bhutan including iconic Taktsang Monastery
- Excellent and varied programme of gentle walks
Flight inclusive from £3,445, Land only from £2,695
- Visit the key cultural sights including the Tiger’s Nest Monastery and Punakha Dzong
- Explore the countryside in the beautiful Haa Valley
- Join the celebrations at a Bhutanese festival
- Stay in Dwarika’s Hotel in Kathmandu - a unique 5* heritage property
Flight inclusive from £3,345, Land only from £2,555
- Explore the artistic and cultural heritage of ancient Kathmandu
- Enjoy stunning views of the Himalayan mountains
- Visit all the key cultural sights in Bhutan, including iconic Taktsang Monastery
- Experience traditional Nepalese village life in Bandipur
- Enjoy time in scenic Pokhara with a boat ride on the lake
- Stay at comfortable hotels throughout
Flight inclusive from £3,425, Land only from £2,795
- Experience first-hand the unique textile traditions of Bhutan in the company of Sue Lawty, one of Britain’s foremost textile artists
- Meet local weavers and learn about the rich Bhutanese culture of spinning and weaving
- Visit small villages and stay in homestay accommodation to experience life with a Bhutanese family
- See Bhutan’s cultural highlights, join the revelries at a colourful local festival and enjoy walks in the beautiful Bhutanese countryside
Flight inclusive from £4,300, Land only from £3,650
- Climb stunning passes and be rewarded by exhilarating descents
- Ride from Paro to Bumthang on a tremendously varied route
- Visit villages, dzongs and the famous Tiger’s Nest Monastery
- Join the celebrations at a Bhutanese festival
Flight inclusive from £3,935, Land only from £3,335
- Explore the spectacular and little visited hill-top towns and temples of east Bhutan.
- Join just a handful of other westerners at the Tangbi Mani festival celebrations.
- Visit the picturesque village of Ura and stay in a traditional-style farmhouse.
- Cross the high Trumsinghla Pass on an exciting drive to Mongar.
- Walk the pretty ‘super stupa’ trail to Lhuntse Dzong and visit quirky Gom Kora.
- Enjoy gentle walks in the beautiful valleys around Bumthang.
Flight inclusive from £3,670, Land only from £2,975
- Tiger's Nest, Punakha Dzong and the King's Memorial Chorten - Bhutan's foremost sights
- Easy-paced walks on gentle trails
- Join the festivities at the impressive Thimphu Festival
- Stay in first class accommodation throughout including fabulous Dwarika's in Kathmandu
Flight inclusive from £3,365, Land only from £2,765
- Be one of the first westerners to visit the remote region of Dagana
- Trek through a variety of scenery and ecological zones rich with flora and fauna
- Cross passes over 4,000 metres with fantastic views of Himalayan peaks
- Visit iconic Taktsang Monastery and beautiful Punakha Dzong
Flight inclusive from £3,845, Land only from £2,995
- Spend three nights in approved farmhouse homestays to experience the lives of the local people.
- Trek for two days on the Bumdra Trek to reach celebrated Taktsang Monastery.
- Enjoy varied and interesting day walks.
- Discover the beautiful 'hidden' valleys of Phobjika and Haa.
- Attend the Black-necked crane Festival on the autumn departure
Flight inclusive from £3,530, Land only from £2,735
Click on a map icon for holiday details