Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Walking & Trekking Holidays
Walking holidays & trekking at altitude - what to expect
Our walking holidays and trekking holidays are designed to allow gradual height gain, spread over a number of days. There is no way of predicting who will suffer from altitude but, for the vast majority of people, a slow ascent to height will produce minimal effects. On a few high altitude treks we carry a Gamow Bag as a precautionary measure.
The dossier pack that we send to you when you book your holiday includes comprehensive advice on safe travel at altitude. If you would like to find out more about the effects of altitude and the best preventative measures, then please visit the website of the research charity Medex and download their excellent booklet called 'Travel at High Altitude'. For treks involving travel above 4,000m/13,120ft, we'd strongly recommend that you read this booklet before you travel. You can also call our office and speak to an experienced member of our team.
With over 100 superb walking and trekking holidays worldwide we have something to offer everyone. Our small group walking and trekking holidays are graded from Gentle to Expedition Grade and include iconic treks, pioneering adventures, plus less energetic gentle walking holidays
- Stay on a coffee plantation in beautiful Wayanad, high in the Western Ghats
- Ride the Toy Train down from Ooty and explore historic Mysore
- Visit Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary and search for tigers in Bandipur National Park
- Relax beneath the palm trees at a lovely beach resort
- Visit a Theyyam Festival, a hypnotic ritual dance-drama
Flight inclusive from £2,625, Land only from £2,095
- Take a sunset cruise to see Kochi’s iconic fishing nets silhouetted against the water
- Walk through tea plantations in the rolling hills of Munnar with views of the Western Ghats
- Visit a flower market, a tea factory and a spice plantation.
- Take an overnight riceboat cruise on Kerala’s languid backwaters
- Search for wild elephant and elusive tiger on a walking safari in Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
Land only from £1,775
- A comprehensive tour of Sri Lanka, combining cultural highlights with gentle walking
- Travel into the hill country by train to hilltop tea plantations
- Take a jeep safari to look for leopards in Yala National Park
- A relaxing beach stay at the end of your travels
Flight inclusive from £2,630, Land only from £2,015
- A classic summer trek in the dramatic Indian Himalaya
- A week long trek crossing a pass of 5,216m/17,113ft
- Plenty of pre-trek acclimatisation time in and around Leh
- Time at a traditional Ladakhi festival
Flight inclusive from £2,295, Land only from £1,675
- Unique to Mountain Kingdoms, this trek avoids the more ‘popular’ routes in Zanskar with large parts of it through completely uninhabited wilderness.
- A truly exciting and challenging trek for the serious adventurer.
- An excellent acclimatisation programme with a three-day ‘pre-trek’ and time in Leh.
- First rate camping facilities and a highly experienced Mountain Kingdoms appointed leader.
Flight inclusive from £4,245, Land only from £3,595
- Trek in the hill country of Sri Lanka with virgin forest, verdant countryside, and endless valleys
- Stay overnight in a genuine Buddhist temple
- Take in the mountains, cloud forest, and rich biodiversity of Horton Plains National Park
- See the elephants of Uda Walawe National Park
Flight inclusive from £2,475, Land only from £1,625
- A rewarding trek in remote north Sikkim visited by very few westerners
- Fabulous views of Kangchenjunga - considered to be some of the best mountain views in the Himalaya
- Visit the inaccessible and beautiful Zemu Glacier
- Sightseeing in Gangtok with accommodation in a characterful hotel
Flight inclusive from £4,675, Land only from £4,025
- A stunning trek in the Garhwal Himalaya over the Kuari Pass
- High mountain passes, dense forest and wide open meadows
- Spectacular views of Trisuli and Nanda Devi
- Fully supported camping trek to a little-visited area
- A train ride to Hardiwar and rafting to Rishikesh along the Ganges
Flight inclusive from £2,190, Land only from £1,595
- Time in Delhi and Darjeeling to take in the sights
- Good quality comfortable hotels in central locations
- First-rate camping facilities, full porterage and a highly experienced guide on trek
- A varied route with gradual acclimatisation, culminating in a sunrise at the Goecha La Pass
Flight inclusive from £2,630, Land only from £2,035
- Ride a mountain train, walk the Mall in Shimla and visit the magnificent Golden Temple at Amritsar
- Visit Dharamsala, the home town of the Dalai Lama
- Stay in converted palaces, heritage properties and characterful hotels
- Enjoy good day walks and explore the key sights on foot.
Flight inclusive from £2,855, Land only from £2,175
Click on a map icon for holiday details