Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
What makes Wild Nepal Trekking Holidays so special?
Mustang, Manaslu, Kangchenjunga and Dolpo are just some of the evocative places that make up Wild Nepal; the regions beyond Everest and the Annapurnas that are less well-known but still offer fantastic opportunities for trekking in Nepal.
You don’t have to travel far from Kathmandu to discover some little-trekked trails. The region of Ganesh Himal is only a few hours’ drive from Kathmandu yet is a world away from the hustle and bustle of the city. With classic Himalayan scenery of high snow-peaks and deep verdant valleys, together with numerous small villages populated by small ethnic groups, trekking in Ganesh Himal provides all the wow factor of the Himalaya but without the crowds.
The Manaslu Circuit retains its allure as one of the great treks of the world and makes a superb alternative circuit trek in Nepal. Close to the Tibetan border, Manaslu is a region of spectacular scenery dominated by the towering peak of Manaslu and dotted with attractive Tibetan-style villages. Trekking the Manaslu Circuit takes you from river valley to high pass and offers sublime views of the Greater Himalaya.
A trek to Kangchenjunga is a remote and challenging adventure in Wild Nepal. It is a region of striking contrasts and culturally interesting ethnic villages. After only a day on the trail of a Kangchenjunga trek you will enjoy spectacular views of Kangchenjunga and her satellite peaks. By trekking to both the north and south base camps of Kangchenjunga it’s possible to enjoy both awe-inspiring scenery and a real sense of achievement.
Mustang, in the rain shadow of the Himalaya, is one of the few places you can go trekking in Nepal during the summer months. It has a surreal desert landscape of multi-coloured rock strata, high barren cliffs peppered with caves, isolated villages and distant snow-capped peaks that provides a real contrast to the Himalayan scenery you see elsewhere in Nepal. No Mustang treks are complete without a visit to Lo Manthang , the ancient capital of the region and home to the fabulous Tiji Festival each spring.
Trek a little further than Mustang and you will reach neighbouring Dolpo. Equally wild and remote, trekking in Dolpo is a fantastic adventure where you can expect to have the beautiful trails and incredible Himalayan scenery all to yourself.
Wild Nepal Trekking Holidays
Remote trails, hidden villages and timeless Himalayan scenery – Wild Nepal offers a world of adventure for the keen trekker.
- Discover towering Himalayan peaks, sacred lakes and hidden valleys - only a short drive from Kathmandu
- Enjoy a fabulous Himalayan tea house trek on quieter trails through the home of the Tamang and Yolmo Sherpa people
- Gain excellent acclimatisation with a gradual ascent and time to explore the beautiful area around Kyanjin Gompa
- Stay in welcoming tea houses and support the local communities
Flight inclusive from £1,945, Land only from £1,295
- A distinctive and improved version of the classic Manaslu Circuit with spectacular scenery from start to finish
- Excellent acclimatisation with rest days before ad after crossing the Larkya La
- Explore picturesque Tibetan villages in the Tsum valley
- Staying in tea houses on trek and a four star hotel in Kathmandu
Flight inclusive from £2,650, Land only from £1,850
- Towering Himalayan peaks, sacred lakes and deep hidden valleys - all within a day's drive from Kathmandu
- A culturally rich trek into the home of the Tamang and the Yolmo Sherpa people
- Traditional tea houses and a warm welcome on the trail
- 4* hotel in Kathmandu at the start and end of the trek
Flight inclusive from £2,300, Land only from £1,550
- Trek to the remote villages, cave complexes and monasteries north of Lo Manthang and meet the local nomads.
- Return down the wild eastern side of Mustang.
- Stay in lodges in Mustang as well as enjoying a full camping experience in the ‘wild’ sections of this unique trek.
- Join in the flamboyant celebrations of the Tiji Festival on the April departure.
Flight inclusive from £4,060, Land only from £3,530
- Climb airy stone staircases, and trek along exhilarating mountain ridges
- Trek through verdant farmland and explore unspoilt forests
- Marvel at the incredible mountain panoramas from the Pansang La and Sing La Pass
- Visit remote Gurung and Tamang villages
- Relax after the trek in a four star hotel in Kathmandu
Flight inclusive from £2,155, Land only from £1,355
- Experience the unique cultures of Dolpo and Mustang
- Trek through impressive high mountain scenery and isolated villages
- Cross three remote passes over 5,000m where very few others have trekked
- Spend time in the ancient walled city of Lo Manthang and legendary Dho Tarap
- Enjoy first rate camping and a four star hotel in Kathmandu before and after the trek
Flight inclusive from £4,735, Land only from £3,935
- An opportunity to genuinely trek where few other westerners venture.
- Spectacular Himalayan scenery with views of many 8,000m peaks.
- Excellent acclimatisation and ample time to explore.
- Highly experienced Nepali leader and trek crew.
- Relax in a 4* hotel in Kathmandu.
Flight inclusive from £3,490, Land only from £2,320
- Visit a small Buddhist kingdom that until relatively recently was closed to the outside world.
- Attractive Tibetan-style villages with a strong, well preserved Tibetan culture and intriguing long-abandoned cliff dwellings and ancient cave monasteries.
- A dramatic desert landscape with incredible ‘organ-pipe’ cliffs, set against a backdrop of the mighty snow-capped Himalaya.
- While on trek stay in charming teahouses, small hotels and lodges
- 4* hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara and a combination of tea houses and lodges on trek.
Flight inclusive from £3,275, Land only from £2,725
Click on a map icon for holiday details