Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Himalayan peaks, cool colonial hill stations in Himachal Pradesh, breathtaking summer treks in Zanskar and Ladakh, and opportunities to explore the mountains of Buddhist Sikkim – the Indian Himalaya really does have lots to offer the keen adventure traveller.
- A classic summer trek in the dramatic Indian Himalaya
- A week long trek crossing a pass of 5,216m/17,113ft
- Plenty of pre-trek acclimatisation time in and around Leh
- Time at a traditional Ladakhi festival
Flight inclusive from £2,145, Land only from £1,595
- Unique to Mountain Kingdoms, this trek avoids the more ‘popular’ routes in Zanskar with large parts of it through completely uninhabited wilderness.
- A truly exciting and challenging trek for the serious adventurer.
- An excellent acclimatisation programme with time in Leh the walk to Sapi Lake.
- First rate camping facilities and a highly experienced Mountain Kingdoms appointed leader.
Flight inclusive from £4,275, Land only from £3,725
- A rewarding trek in remote north Sikkim visited by very few westerners
- Fabulous views of Kangchenjunga - considered to be some of the best mountain views in the Himalaya
- Visit the inaccessible and beautiful Zemu Glacier
- Sightseeing in Gangtok with accommodation in a characterful hotel
Flight inclusive from £4,750, Land only from £4,250
- A stunning trek in the Garhwal Himalaya over the Kuari Pass
- High mountain passes, dense forest and wide open meadows
- Spectacular views of Trisul and Nanda Devi
- Fully supported camping trek to a little-visited area
- A train ride to Hardiwar and rafting to Rishikesh along the Ganges
Flight inclusive from £2,245, Land only from £1,595
- Ride a mountain train, walk the Mall in Shimla and visit the magnificent Golden Temple at Amritsar
- Visit Dharamsala, the home town of the Dalai Lama
- Stay in converted palaces, heritage properties and characterful hotels
- Enjoy good day walks and explore the key cultural sights on foot.
Land only from £2,295
- Take a train journey across the plains of India and ride the toy train to Shimla
- Explore Leh, the Indus valley and the famous temples at Alchi
- Attend an authentic Tibetan Buddhist festival
- Drive through the Greater Himalaya on a four day road trip
Flight inclusive from £2,930, Land only from £2,355
- Explore the sights of Leh - the fascinating capital of Ladakh
- Enjoy pretty walks in lovely countryside
- Visit some of the most stunning monasteries and palaces of Ladakh
- Stay in comfortable hotels that reflect the character of the region
Flight inclusive from £2,550, Land only from £1,950
- Explore Darjeeling, including a ride on the 'Toy train'
- Stay in a superior cabin on a luxurious cruise boat
- Visit a tea plantation and Majuli Island
- Take a jeep safari in Kaziranga National Park to see rhinos
Flight inclusive from £4,770, Land only from £4,095
Click on a map icon for holiday details