Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
What makes Climb Kilimanjaro so special?
Climbing to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro is an aspiration for many enthusiastic trekkers. Upon reaching the summit of this iconic mountain you are standing upon the highest point on the African continent.
The summit of Kilimanjaro, painted with snow and ice, seems a world away from the hot, dusty plains of Tanzania, almost 20,000 feet below. Although recent reports have claimed that Kilimanjaro’s snow and ice has disappeared, its peak is still home to huge glaciers and the mountain still experiences regular snowfalls.
Our ascent of Kilimanjaro journeys through the diverse Lemosho route. This gradual ascent takes you amongst picturesque, serene woodland before reaching Shira plateau. After admiring the magnificent scenery from the Shira plateau, a steady climb will bring us to the penultimate Stella Point before the final push to the summit of Kilimanjaro.
If you want to extend your summit trek then join our Summits of Meru & Kilimanjaro; Mount Meru is Tanzania’s second highest mountain and climbs through different vegetation zones with a multitude of spectacular views across to our ultimate goal - Kilimanjaro.
Kilimanjaro offers a challenging yet scenic ascent for any keen trekker.
Climb Mount Kilimanjaro, a summit trek that appears on many a keen trekker’s wish list. Trek the scenic Lemosho route, or extend your experience by adding an ascent of neighbouring Mount Meru.
- Trek Kilimanjaro via the longer and more scenic Lemosho Route providing excellent acclimatisation
- All park fees and meals are included in the trip price.
- Led by highly experienced local guides and we use top quality camping equipment
- First rate equipment on trek and a comfortable, chracterful hotel before and after
- Full moon ascent on our February 2020 departure
Flight inclusive from £3,345, Land only from £2,395
- The best possible acclimatisation with an initial trek up Mount Meru and the longer Lemosho route on Kilimanjaro
- Summit at sunrise for incredible views across African plains
- All park fees included in the trip price
- Close up views of wildlife on the trek in to Mount Meru
- First rate camping experience on trek and good quality hotels of character before and after.
Flight inclusive from £3,970, Land only from £3,115
Click on a map icon for holiday details