Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
What makes Annapurna Region, Nepal Trekking so special?
If you are thinking of going trekking in Nepal, especially for the first time, then you are most likely to head to the Everest region or the Annapurnas. But for sheer variety of trails, classic high mountain scenery and cultural interest, it’s hard to beat trekking in the Annapurnas for that quintessential Himalayan trekking experience.
One of the great attractions of the region is that treks in the Annapurnas appeal to all levels of experience and ability. You don’t need to go particularly high or be a ‘hard core’ trekker to enjoy the stunning mountain scenery that the Annapurnas has in abundance. You can start with a relatively easy-paced trek in the beautiful lower reaches of the Annapurna foothills, trekking between high quality lodges set against a backdrop of stunning mountain views. Venture a little further and higher and you can trek into the heart of the Annapurna Sanctuary. This classic tea house trek in the Annapurnas is relatively low altitude by Himalayan standards and takes you to a vast amphitheatre of some of the world’s highest mountains as well as to the Annapurna Base Camp where you may meet climbers preparing to scale the giant peak.
For the more experienced trekker prepared for a tougher challenge, the Annapurna Circuit remains one of the great treks of Nepal. Circumnavigating the Annapurna Massif takes almost three weeks and follows trails through a diversity of landscapes from verdant, terraced foothills, to dramatic high passes (you cross the Thorong La at 5,416m) and into the world’s deepest gorge – the Kali Gandaki. For those with less time available our Mini Annapurna Circuit Trek is a week shorter but still offers many of the highlights of the full circuit.
If you are seeking more remote trekking in the Annapurnas you can get off-the-beaten-track by taking the trail through the remote valleys and villages of Naar and Phu. A spectacular trek in the Annapurna mountains that few others will have completed.
Whichever of our holidays in the Annapurnas you choose you can always be assured of a warm welcome from the wonderful people of the region, particularly the Gurkhas who call the Annapurna mountains home.
Whether you are considering your first trek in Nepal or you are returning to the Himalaya, take a look at our range of Annapurna treks as there will undoubtedly be one that’s just perfect for you.
Annapurna Region, Nepal Trekking
The quintessential Himalayan landscape - brilliant green terraces rising above plunging gorges, ancient paths through classic Nepali villages and some of the most beautiful snow-capped mountains in the world.
- Experience a genuine wilderness trek in the heart of the Annapurna mountains
- Cross three challenging passes: the Kang La, 5,300m, the Meokanto La, 5,120m and the Namun La, 4,850m
- Enjoy incredible close-up views of the Annapurnas, Machhapuchare, Manaslu and Dhaulagiri
- Camp at 5,000m at stunning Tilicho lake - a unique experience
- Explore the delightful mountain villages of Naar and Phu
Land only from £3,795
- Trek to Annapurna Base Camp, 4,130m/13,550ft
- Explore the heart of the Annapurnas, the Annapurna Sanctuary
- Experience Sherpa culture and be escorted by highly experienced Sherpa leaders
- Stay in traditional tea houses on trek and four-star hotels with swimming pools in Kathmandu and Pokhara
Flight inclusive from £2,295, Land only from £1,545
- Enjoy spectacular views of the Kathmandu valley and Himalayan peaks from Haatiban
- Relax at the Summit River Lodge with the refreshing sound of the Trusili River below
- See the real Nepal, go beyond the beaten track and discover untouched villages
- Stay in beautifully located lodges with comfy beds, hot showers and great food
- Sightseeing in Pokhara with a magnificent backdrop scenery of the Annapurna
Flight inclusive from £2,400, Land only from £1,750
- Trek to Macchapuchare Base Camp and Annapurna Base Camp
- Stay in up-market lodges, and the best tea houses higher up the trail with many extra services included
- A perfect Himalayan trek through classic high mountain scenery to explore the heart of the Annapurna
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu and two nights in the luxurious Dwarika's Hotel
Flight inclusive from £3,045, Land only from £2,295
- A classic trek with stunning varied scenery and cultural interest at every step
- An improved route that avoids roads and gives the best trekking experience
- Crossing the Thorong La - a true high point at 5,416m/17,769ft
- A four-star hotel in Kathmandu at the start and end of your trek
Flight inclusive from £2,815, Land only from £1,795
- Varied trekking through beautiful Himalayan scenery at relatively low altitudes
- Experience traditional rural life in Nepal as you trek through small villages away from the main tourist trails
- Enjoy a magical Himalayan sunset and sunrise at Mohare and panoramic views of the Annapurnas from Poon Hill
- Stay in friendly community run lodges which provide a critical income source for local people
Flight inclusive from £2,190, Land only from £1,355
- Enjoy gentle walks in stunning scenery with guides who will introduce you to Nepal’s culture, wildlife and flora.
- Join yoga/meditation classes suitable for all levels, and relax in inviting spas with infinity pools.
- Enjoy a range of uplifting activities, from salt therapy to pottery, at Dwarika’s Dhulikhel resort.
- See the sun rise over the snow-capped Annapurnas on a dawn boat ride in Pokhara.
- Explore the ancient Newar city of Bhaktapur in the Kathmandu Valley
- Stay in four of the best boutique hotels in Nepal, with excellent wellness facilities.
Flight inclusive from £3,180, Land only from £2,350
- An accessible yet genuine wilderness trek – few trekkers, or even locals, use this trail.
- A wild trek with breath-taking scenery that fits into a two week holiday.
- Cross the remote and challenging Naman pass, 4,850m/15,912ft.
- Enjoy incredible views of the Langjung Himal, Annapurnas, Machhapuchhre and Manaslu.
Flight inclusive from £2,940, Land only from £2,075
- Stay in high quality trekking lodges with lots of home comforts
- Relax at Dwarika’s 5-star heritage hotel in Kathmandu and tour the city’s main sights
- Discover the Annapurna foothills and the Everest region on two well-paced treks with stunning views
- Enjoy the best trekking experience with excellent acclimatisation and first rate leaders
Flight inclusive from £3,555, Land only from £2,745
- Camp at 5,000m at Lake Tilicho with its stunning sunrise
- Visit the remote mountain villages or Phu and Naar and get away from the main trail and into a truly remote area
- Take in the stunning views from the Kang la Pass and the breathtaking Tilicho mountain range
- Relax in a four-star hotel in Kathmandu and enjoy a guided walking tour
Flight inclusive from £3,590, Land only from £2,495
Click on a map icon for holiday details