Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
What makes Morocco so special?
The diverse landscapes also offer a feast fit for trekking. Morocco boasts high mountains, deep gorges, rugged coastline, fertile river valleys and the sweeping sands of the Sahara. Whether you choose a gentle exploration of this fascinating country or a classic route for mountain trekking, Morocco will give you a memorable adventure.
Sitting on the cusp of North Africa, Morocco is a fascinating cultural blend of North African, Arabic, French and Berber cultures. Vibrant cities such as Marrakesh, Fez and Essaouira are perfect places to visit, before or after a trekking holiday in Morocco, where you can haggle in souks, sip mint tea in the cafes, and enjoy the fine cuisine. Away from the cities, highlights include the famous Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou and the majestic Sahara desert – these cultural and scenic splendours will enrich any Morocco trekking holiday. For anyone interested in mountain trekking, Morocco’s High Atlas Mountains will be the destination of choice. Jebel Toubkal (4,167m) is the usual objective for seasoned mountain trekking in Morocco, as it is the highest peak in North Africa, but those who want a more relaxed walking holiday can enjoy gentle hiking through the ancient kasbahs and fertile valleys of the country’s interior.
Morocco Walking & Trekking
How can somewhere so close to home be so different? From the moment you awake to the sound of the call to prayer, the history, art, culture, landscapes and way of life in the Kingdom of Morocco beguiles you.
- Carefully planned route for excellent acclimatisation and cultural interest
- Highly experienced and fully qualified Berber guides
- Centrally located riad (guesthouse) in Marrakesh with time to explore the city
- Comfortable camping with dining tent and tasty locally sourced food
Flight inclusive from £845, Land only from £495
- Carefully planned east-west traverse for quieter trails
- Excellent acclimatisation on trek to Mount Toubkal 4,167m/13,671ft
- Trek led by highly experienced and qualified Berber guides
- Comfortable camping with tasty locally sourced food and hot showers en route
Flight inclusive from £1,025, Land only from £695
- A traverse of the Jebel Sahro in the company of an experienced Berber guide
- Comfortable riad accommodation before and after trek
- First rate camping with all meals on trek included
- Visit the historic kasbah of Aït Benhaddou and explore exotic Marrakesh
Flight inclusive from £1,045, Land only from £785
Click on a map icon for holiday details