Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
What makes Ladakh Treks, Walks and Tours so special?
On a walking and trekking holiday to Ladakh, you will walk through spectacular mountain ranges that have remained relatively unexplored by outsiders, trek to isolated Buddhist monasteries, or even conquer the peak of Stok Kangri, one of the highest peaks in Ladakh. Our trekking tours take in the amazing sights of the Indus valley, visit spectacular Buddhist festivals and give ample time to explore Leh, the capital of Ladakh.
The isolated former kingdom of Ladakh is located in the north of India on the border to Tibet. Known as ‘Little Tibet’, the country takes a strong cultural and religious influence from its Buddhist neighbour, offering a mixture of a vibrant culture and astonishing mountain ranges that make it the perfect place for a trekking holiday. Ladakh is one of the few areas of the Himalaya best visited and trekked in the summer months, and while it is a favourite destination for those in the know, it remains relatively unexplored. An adventure holiday in Ladakh allows you to explore truly extraordinary scenery, a moonscape of deep gorges, snowy mountains and arid plains and see the amazing sights of the Indus valley, visit spectacular Buddhist festivals and give ample time to explore Leh, the capital of Ladakh. ‘Little Tibet’ never fails to leave a lasting impression on all its visitors; our tours and trekking holidays in Ladakh are firm favourites with our regular clients.
Ladakh Treks, Walks and Tours
Ladakh’s stark, dramatic landscape and ancient Tibetan culture is guaranteed to leave an indelible impression on all who have the fortune to visit.
- A classic summer trek in the dramatic Indian Himalaya
- A week long trek crossing a pass of 5,216m/17,113ft
- Plenty of pre-trek acclimatisation time in and around Leh
- Time at a traditional Ladakhi festival
Flight inclusive from £2,360, Land only from £1,595
- Unique to Mountain Kingdoms, this trek avoids the more ‘popular’ routes in Zanskar with large parts of it through completely uninhabited wilderness.
- A truly exciting and challenging trek for the serious adventurer.
- An excellent acclimatisation programme with a three-day ‘pre-trek’ and time in Leh.
- First rate camping facilities and a highly experienced Mountain Kingdoms appointed leader.
Flight inclusive from £4,295, Land only from £3,595
- Excellent acclimatisation walks around Leh and over the Stok La
- Ideal first Himalayan trekking peak with a non-technical ascent
- Highly experienced local climbing guide supported by local sherpas and trek crew
- The August departure visits the colourful celebrations at the Dakthok Festival
- Take a train journey across the plains of India and ride the 'toy train' to Shimla
- Explore Leh, the Indus valley and the famous temples at Alchi
- Attend an authentic Tibetan Buddhist festival
- Drive through the Greater Himalaya on a four day road trip
Flight inclusive from £3,060, Land only from £2,295
- Explore the sights of Leh - the fascinating capital of Ladakh
- Enjoy pretty walks in lovely countryside
- Visit some of the most stunning monasteries and palaces of Ladakh
- Stay in comfortable hotels that reflect the character of the region
Flight inclusive from £2,600, Land only from £1,850
Click on a map icon for holiday details