Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
What makes Peru Walks, Treks & Cultural Holidays so special?
The attraction of a holiday in Peru is in the diversity on offer. This wonderful country combines stunning scenery with a vibrant culture and history. When trekking in Peru, everywhere you go you will see reminders of the country’s rich past, with Spanish Colonial churches rubbing shoulders with Inca ruins. Peru’s dramatic mountains are home to indigenous highlanders, who still live a largely traditional way of life, tending their llamas and cultivating crops that were first developed here thousands of years ago. This mixture of cultures, alongside scenery that ranges from Andean mountains to lush Amazonian rainforests, are what make holidays in Peru truly unforgettable.
Machu Picchu, the so called ‘Lost City of the Incas’ is the most iconic image of Peru, but our trekking holidays can also take you to numerous other Inca ruins and colonial cities. Our tours to Peru usually begin in the Sacred Valley before proceeding on to the unforgettable sight of Machu Picchu. Other highlights that can be taken in on a tour of Peru include the Colca Canyon, Lake Titicaca and the Amazon rainforest.
To make the most of the variety that this inspiring country has to offer, we run a range of walking and trekking holidays in Peru, combined with tours of Peru’s most notable cultural sights.
Peru Walks, Treks & Cultural Holidays
With its towering mountain ranges and fascinating Inca heritage, Peru is one of the most exciting countries to visit in South America and a trekker's paradise.
- Enjoy sightseeing and acclimatisation in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Visit the Inca ruins at Pisac and Ollantaytambo
- Trek the spectacular Inca Trail with first rate camping service on trek
- Enter iconic Machu Picchu at dawn through Inti Punku, the Sun Gate
- Guided sightseeing in Machu Picchu and option to climb Huayna Picchu peak or Macchu Picchu Peak
Flight inclusive from £2,045, Land only from £1,295
- Step back in time on a superb trek in the beautiful Lares region
- Enjoy your first views of Machu Picchu through the iconic Sun Gate
- Explore impressive Inca sites including Machu Picchu, Pisco and Sacsayhuaman
- Take a walking tour of Cuzco and an acclimatisation hike in the Sacred Valley
Flight inclusive from £3,315, Land only from £2,550
- Trek the high Andes in real style, staying in four luxury mountain lodges on the Salkantay Inca trek
- Follow a beautiful trail, away from the crowds of the Inca Trail, with a unique view of Machu Picchu
- Enjoy an excellent acclimatisation programme in Cuzco and the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Cross high passes and see stunning Rainbow Mountain on the spectacular high-altitude Ausangate trek
- Benefit local communities in Ausangate where the lodges employ local people as cooks, lodge keepers and llama drivers
Flight inclusive from £5,295, Land only from £4,595
- Trek the high Andes in real style, staying in four superb mountain lodges
- Follow a beautiful trail, away from the crowds of the Inca Trail, with unique views of Machu Picchu
- Enjoy the best acclimatisation programme with time in the Sacred Valley
- Tour the incomparable Inca ruins of Machu Picchu
- Extend your time in Cuzco or travel on to some of Peru's other key attractions
Flight inclusive from £4,495, Land only from £3,795
Click on a map icon for holiday details