Book & Travel with Confidence
In these uncertain times, we want you to know that if you book a holiday with Mountain Kingdoms you won’t lose out should circumstances change and our top priority is always the safety and wellbeing of our clients, alongside the welfare of our partners, staff and tour leaders.
We’re doing all we can to give you complete peace of mind so you can book that much-needed big adventure with absolute confidence. Please take a look at our new ' Book with Confidence' and ' Travel with Confidence' policies and be assured that we have your best interests in mind.
Book with Confidence
You can hold a place on one of our group departures without a deposit while you make up your mind to travel, then pay a lower deposit until we know your holiday is definitely going to run. If your holiday is cancelled by us you’ll get a no-quibble refund or you’ll have the option to transfer your booking to another date or trip. We can even offer you travel insurance with cover for Covid cancellation. Or, if you prefer not to travel with others, choose a private departure on a date to suit you, or let us design you a tailor made holiday.
No-cost, no-obligation Provisional Bookings
Not quite ready to book? Why not call or email us to make a provisional booking which will hold your place on one of our small group holidays. Provisional Bookings come with no cost and no obligation but can only be held for a limited time. Alternatively, if you want to go ahead and confirm your place, use our new Staggered Deposit where just £100 per person will secure your holiday booking.
Staggered Deposits - £100 will secure your booking
We know that times are currently pretty tough for many people, but having a holiday to look forward to can be a real lifeline. So to help, for new bookings taken up to 31st December, you can book your small group, private departure or tailor made holiday with a part-deposit of just £100 per person. We will only ask for the remainder of the deposit (a further £200 per person for most holidays) when we reach minimum numbers for your tour and believe that your destination(s) should be open to visitors at the time travel.
We will get in touch with you 70 days before departure with an update on the status of your trip, and, unless we say otherwise at that stage, the final balance for your holiday will be due 10 days later, at 60 days before departure. Transfers within this 60 day period are not possible and our standard Booking Conditions apply.
If you book and then decide you would prefer to transfer to a later departure, defer your holiday or change to different holiday, we will waive our usual transfer fee, but please be aware that there may be additional costs, such as airline costs, which are non-refundable.Transfers can be made up to 60 days before departure and are valid for travel up to the end of 2022.
We offer a comprehensive insurance policy, which has recently been updated to include repatriation, hospitalisation, cover of additional costs and pre-departure cancellation due to Covid, on production of a doctor’s letter. You can find insurance prices for each trip on our website, and also view the insurance policy document. And to help cut through the small-print we’ve created a list of frequently asked questions. Please call us on +44 (0)1453 844400 if you would like to find out more.
Our Refund Promise
If we are unable to operate your holiday due to FCO travel advice, destination or airline schedule restrictions, we will cancel your holiday, and, if you don’t wish to transfer to a later departure or choose an alternative holiday, we will offer you a refund. Although many clients have chosen to transfer, unlike many other companies, we have been providing no-quibble refunds from the start of the pandemic as per the European Travel Package Regulations 2018, and we will continue to do so. Read some comments from our happy refunded clients
We are fully bonded which means that our flight inclusive holidays are covered by the Civil Aviation Authority (ATOL number 2973) and land only holidays through our bond secured with ABTOT. We are also members of AITO and adhere to the high standards of their Code of Business Practice.
Guaranteed No Surcharge
Your peace of mind is important to us, so we have introduced a No Surcharge Guarantee on all Land Only and Flight Inclusive holidays. This means that there will be no change to the price of your holiday once we have confirmed your booking, regardless of fluctuations in exchange rates or fuel prices.
Alongside our No Surcharge Guarantee, our holidays are fully protected through our bonding with ABTOT and ATOL and we are also bound by the AITO quality charter. So rest assured you have complete financial security and a guarantee of quality when you book your holiday with Mountain Kingdoms.
Travel with Confidence
Our top priority is always your safety and wellbeing, alongside the welfare of our partners, staff and tour leaders, and never more so than now. In the absence of a Covid-19 vaccine we have put protocols in place, following guidance from the World Travel & Tourism Council, in order to minimise the risk posed by the virus, and to help manage Covid-related issues.
Our commitment to you:
Safe destinations under constant review
We will only run a holiday to a destination if:
- The UK FCDO aren’t advising against travel
- Entry requirements can be satisfied ie: no excessive quarantine periods on arrival at the destination
- We believe Covid infection rates are being well managed in areas that the trip will visit
- Local Covid restrictions won’t fundamentally alter the nature of the holiday
- Our local partners are able to satisfy us that Covid safety requirements are being met
We are continually assessing upcoming trips on a rolling basis, and if necessary, based on the above criteria, will modify or cancel holidays. We will contact you at least 70 days before departure regarding the status of your trip, and advise you of any modifications to your itinerary. If we are unable to operate your trip and, if you don’t wish to transfer to a later departure or choose an alternative holiday, we will offer you a no-quibble refund.
Small group or private travel
Mountain Kingdoms’ holidays are either small group or private holidays for family and friends. All but a couple of our small group holidays have a maximum group size of 12 or fewer.
Some of the best tour leaders in the business
We have some of the best tour leaders in the business and all our leaders will be working especially hard to ensure that holidays are delivered safely . Measures will include:
- Covid procedure guidance for leaders.
- Briefing group members on local procedures and Covid etiquette.
- Advising on the use of face masks.
- Managing the tour on the ground and making on the spot decisions to avoid/minimise time in busy environments, and if necessary modifying the itinerary.
- Responding to any issues and concerns as they arise, and liaising with Mountain Kingdoms UK if necessary. Mountain Kingdoms has an emergency number available for emergency assistance 24/7.
- It is standard for the tour leader to support anyone who becomes ill,but they will also lead the response in the event of a member of the group developing Covid symptoms.
Enhanced Covid protocols for accommodation and meals
We are working with our local partners to ensure the following:
- That all accommodation has enhanced hygiene and cleaning procedures, particularly on ‘high-touch’ points.
- Guidelines for appropriate physical distancing are in place in public areas eg: check-in, restaurants etc.
- If you are travelling alone and would like to guarantee a single room these will be available for customers to use at an additional cost. Please contact us for more information on our single room policy.
- That additional food preparation hygiene standards have been applied and are adhered to, including the wearing of face masks in food preparation according to local government requirements.
- Meals are taken in venues with sufficient space for physical distancing.
Enhanced Covid protocols for transport
The following measures will be in place:
- Drivers, guides and clients will be required to follow local requirements on the wearing of face-coverings and social distancing.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitiser will be provided on entry to vehicles.
- Vehicles will be regularly disinfected.
- Where possible the same seat in a vehicle will always be allocated to individuals.
- Drivers/guides will wear gloves before handling baggage.
- In the rare occasions we use public transport (eg Japan, Burma, Uzbekistan) we will arrange the itinerary, where possible, to travel at quieter times and face masks will be mandatory.
We work with numerous airline partners, both internationally and domestically. Each airline has its own COVID measures and requirements, many of which are being regularly updated in line with the latest scientistic findings. We will endeavour to keep you apraised of airline requirements for flights that you have booked through us but ask that you also monitor the airline website/social media for updates.
- You will need to wear a face covering in airports and whilst in the air, unless you are medically exempt.
- Transfer buses, coaches and cars will be deep-cleaned and sanitised after every trip.
- Expect to see ground and air crew wearing protective gowns, face shields/masks and gloves.
- Most modern aircraft are fitted with HEPA filters which refresh cabin air every 2-3 minutes, removing over 99.9% of germs and viruses in the process. The aircraft will be disinfected after every flight including all key touch points.
- Most airlines are providing complimentary protective kits which they expect passengers to use on-board. These may contain items such face masks, face shields, gloves and hand sanitiser.
- Covid tests may be required prior to travel or on arrival – we will endeavour to provide details as applicable for our flight inclusive holidays.
- Your temperature may be taken at check in and/or on boarding.
- Most airlines have made changes to the provision of in-flight meals and drinks. All of the food prepared will go through vigorous testing, and served in line with strict COVID-19 guidelines.
Doing your bit
- Please take out comprehensive travel insurance which includes cover for Covid-related issues. We offer our own specialist policy (click here) - call us on +44 (0)1453 844400 to find out more.
- In your joining instructions you will be given, our ‘Travel Safe’ guidelines which will be trip specific and ask that you read these carefully and acknowledge them/agree to follow them.
- Please contact us if you, or a member of your party, develop any Covid symptoms close to your departure date. In this event you may need to take a Covid-19 test before travelling.
- Travel with multiple face-coverings – check for any specific destination/airline requirements - and sufficient hand sanitiser for your entire trip.
- Keep a copy of your travel itinerary on your person at all times – some local authorities may request this.
- Be prepared to help with your own baggage – local Covid guidance may necessitate this.
- Check online for updates from the UK FCDO and for the latest airline/airport Covid requirements.