Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
What makes Mongolia so special?
Outer Mongolia is a vast and spectacular wilderness, stretching from the Gobi desert through grassy steppe and pasture to snow-capped mountains. We will explore this land once dominated by a great empire builder and warlord, on our Genghis Khan trek. Mongolia today is a peaceful country of incredible natural beauty where nomads, camels and wild horses still freely roam, and you can experience this varied landscape and lifestyle trekking Mongolia’s mountains, lush green valleys and deserts. Witness a festival of the traditional Mongol skills of wrestling, archery and horse racing, and visit the capital, Ulaanbaatar, with its vibrant markets and temples.
Choose one of our adventurous holidays in Mongolia, walking or trekking in wild country that remains largely untouched by the modern world.
Mongolia Walking & Trekking Holidays
A vast wilderness of incredibly natural beauty, largely untouched by the modern world, where nomads, camels and wild horses still roam free.
- One of the World’s great adventure treks that crosses two high passes
- Wild, unspoilt terrain populated by nomads
- Enjoy the hospitality of the local people by visiting a local family ‘ger’
- Full service camping on trek and good quality hotels elsewhere
- Easy day walks across the steppe to important historical sights, as well as camel and horse riding
- Stay in the cosy ger camps whilst travelling around the Mongolian wilderness
- Witness the legendary Mongolian hospitality by visiting a nomadic ger camp
- See the key sights in central Mongolia including Erdene Zuu Monastery with its distinctive walled enclosure with 108 stupas
Flight inclusive from £3,110, Land only from £1,795
Click on a map icon for holiday details