Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Trekking in the French Alps
With over 800 mountains, hundreds of miles of spectacular walking trails and a wonderful picturesque charm, the Alps are justifiably the premier destination in Europe for those wanting to revel in the great outdoors.
- Led by Kevin O’Neale - a highly experienced and qualified IFMGA guide
- Two 4,000m acclimatisation peaks and two summit opportunities on Mont Blanc
- Alpine skills training, including use of ice axe and crampons
- Hire of crampons, ice axes, harnesses and other technical kit included
Flight inclusive from £2,135, Land only from £1,945
- From mountain to sea - enjoy the best sections of the Grande Traverse du Mercantour.
- Walk through the remote Vallee des Merveilles (Valley of Wonders) and see Bronze Age petroglyphs.
- Look out for chamoix, marmots, ibex and even wolves and golden eagles.
- Stay in comfortable hotels rather than mountain huts.
Flight inclusive from £1,650, Land only from £1,495
- Our clockwise route leaves the most strenuous ascents until the end of the trek
- Highly experienced trek leader
- Accommodation in hotels and auberges chosen for their comfort and character
- Daily luggage transfer - carry just a day sack
- The finest Alpine scenery and a superb trekking route
Flight inclusive from £2,555, Land only from £2,365
Click on a map icon for holiday details