Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Walking holidays in France
Mediterranean coastal paths, historic castles, plunging gorges, high Alpine trails and picturesque waterways make France the ideal choice for a walking or cycling holiday within easy reach of home.
- Explore the deepest gorge in Europe with its staggering vertical limestone cliffs
- Soak up the regional scents of fragrant lavender and thyme
- Walk the famous Martel trail and take in the panoramic views from Mourre Chanier
- Stay at excellent accommodation in charming Provencal hamlets
Flight inclusive from £1,685, Land only from £1,515
- Explore stunning Alpine mountain scenery on satisfying, high level daily walks
- Discover the diverse wildlife of this protected area of the Alps,
- Immerse yourself in the peace and tranquility of the Clarée Valley with its ancient cultural heritage, distinctive local architecture and lack of modern-day development.
- Stay in a traditional, family run hotel where you will enjoy a warm welcome, delicious regional dishes and comfortable rooms.
Flight inclusive from £1,485, Land only from £1,295
- Led by Kevin O’Neale - a highly experienced and qualified IFMGA guide
- Two 4,000m acclimatisation peaks and two summit opportunities on Mont Blanc
- Alpine skills training, including use of ice axe and crampons
- Hire of crampons, ice axes, harnesses and other technical kit included
Flight inclusive from £2,150, Land only from £1,995
- From mountain to sea - enjoy the best sections of the Grande Traverse du Mercantour.
- Walk through the remote Vallee des Merveilles (Valley of Wonders) and see Bronze Age petroglyphs.
- Look out for chamoix, marmots, ibex and even wolves and golden eagles.
- Stay in comfortable hotels rather than mountain huts.
Flight inclusive from £1,490, Land only from £1,295
Click on a map icon for holiday details