Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Mediterranean coastal paths, historic castles, plunging gorges, high Alpine trails and picturesque waterways make France the ideal choice for a walking or cycling holiday within easy reach of home.
- From mountain to sea - enjoy the best sections of the Grande Traverse du Mercantour.
- Walk through the remote Vallee des Merveilles (Valley of Wonders) and see Bronze Age petroglyphs.
- Look out for chamoix, marmots, ibex and even wolves and golden eagles.
- Stay in comfortable hotels rather than mountain huts.
Flight inclusive from £1,650, Land only from £1,495
- Explore stunning Alpine mountain scenery on satisfying, high level daily walks
- Discover the diverse wildlife of this protected area of the Alps,
- Immerse yourself in the peace and tranquility of the Clarée Valley with its ancient cultural heritage, distinctive local architecture and lack of modern-day development.
- Stay in a traditional, family run hotel where you will enjoy a warm welcome, delicious regional dishes and comfortable rooms.
Flight inclusive from £1,580, Land only from £1,330
- Led by Kevin O’Neale - a highly experienced and qualified IFMGA guide
- Two 4,000m acclimatisation peaks and two summit opportunities on Mont Blanc
- Alpine skills training, including use of ice axe and crampons
- Hire of crampons, ice axes, harnesses and other technical kit included
Flight inclusive from £2,135, Land only from £1,945
- Explore the deepest gorge in Europe with its staggering vertical limestone cliffs
- Soak up the regional scents of fragrant lavender and thyme
- Walk the famous Martel trail and take in the panoramic views from Mourre Chanier
- Stay at excellent accommodation in charming Provencal hamlets
Flight inclusive from £1,645, Land only from £1,495
- Our clockwise route leaves the most strenuous ascents until the end of the trek
- Highly experienced trek leader
- Accommodation in hotels and auberges chosen for their comfort and character
- Daily luggage transfer - carry just a day sack
- Most meals are included
Flight inclusive from £2,555, Land only from £2,365
Click on a map icon for holiday details