Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
What makes Ecuador so special?
Straddling the equator, Ecuador is the smallest of all the Andean nations yet is one of the most diverse in terms of its landscape, people and ecology. Walking and trekking in Ecuador is perfect for both naturalists and adventurers alike, and visitors can have the opportunity to try out a wide variety of outdoor activities.
Walking and trekking in Ecuador offers something for everyone, and whilst large-scale tourism remains in its infancy is an ideal time to travel to this fascinating country. Ecuador has so much spectacular scenery, natural beauty and historic interest as its larger neighbours: dramatic volcanoes, a rich colonial Spanish heritage, simple Indian villages and an abundance of exciting wildlife both on the mainland, and of course, the wondrous Galapagos Islands.
On your Ecuador trekking or walking holiday you will also come across an array of vibrant indigenous cultures renowned for their colourful dress and handicrafts, with well-preserved colonial architecture.
Ecuador & the Galapagos Holidays
Despite being the smallest of the Andean nations, Ecuador punches well above its weight and has as much spectacular scenery, natural beauty and cultural interest as its larger neighbours.
- Cruise in style on a first class motor yacht with premium cabins and facilities
- Spend seven days cruising between many of the islands of the archipeloago including Santa Cruz, Bartolome and Floreana
- Enjoy daily land excursions on the islands in the company of expert naturalists
- Snorkel or kayak with the amazing marine life of the Galapagos such as sea lions, penguins and rays
Land only from £3,850
- Spend four days exploring the nature & culture of northern Ecuador’s Otavalo area
- Enjoy comfortable, handpicked accommodation with lots of character including a centuries-old, traditional hacienda
- Explore the landscape and wildlife on three different Galapagos islands
- Experience close encounters with incredible wildlife of the Galapagos, on foot and in the water
Land only from £4,895
Click on a map icon for holiday details