Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
What makes Cambodia so special?
On a holiday to Cambodia, you’ll see many unforgettable images: the World Heritage site of Angkor Wat, saffron-robed monks going about their daily rituals; lost temples swallowed by the jungle; and remote villages with newly opened trekking trails. After extensive reconnaissance, Mountain Kingdoms have designed these treks and tours of Cambodia to get you ‘under the skin’ of this alluring country.
Despite being located close to the backpacking hotspot of Thailand, far fewer people go on holiday to Cambodia, making it perfect for travellers who want to get off-the-beaten-track in Southeast Asia. With its mixture of ancient temples, bustling cities, historical sites and timid wildlife it is an endlessly fascinating destination. A gentle trek in the picturesque Cardamom mountains, combined with a tour of Cambodia – including of course, Angkor Wat, is a great way to explore this beguiling country.
The ancient splendours of this remarkable land stand in stark contrast to the reminders of its more recent troubled past and a tour of Cambodia’s killing fields (where many of the victims of the brutal Khymer Rouge regime are buried) is an immensely moving experience. However, at the centrepiece of most holidays to Cambodia will be an Angkor Wat tour. Angkor Wat is a massive, superbly preserved temple complex that dates from the 12th century, a dazzling example of ancient architecture and site of huge cultural significance. A tour of Angkor Wat is the perfect way to end a holiday in Cambodia.
With the incomparable Angkor Wat, newly discovered trekking trails and pleasing cities – Cambodia has emerged as one of Southeast Asia’s premier destinations for discerning travellers.
- Visit remote corners of wild Cambodia including hilltop Preah Vihear Temple
- Explore the architectural wonders of Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom
- Walk with rescued elephants at the Elephant Valley Project
- Spot rare Irrawaddy river dolphins and search for Yellow-cheeked crested gibbons
- Take to the water to see the ‘floating’ stilt houses of Tonle Sap Lake
- Join a Ko Trong family for lunch and experience daily life with the Bunong rural ethnic minority
Flight inclusive from £3,015, Land only from £2,265
- Enjoy seven nights onboard the luxurious RV Mekong Pandaw or RV Tonle Pandaw
- Stay in 5* hotels in Saigon and Siem Reap
- Tour the cultural highlights and historical sites of Saigon, Phnom Penh and Angkor Wat
- Observe rare Irrawaddy dolphins (May - Dec), visit floating villages and enjoy the beautiful landscape of the Tonle River
Flight inclusive from £3,515, Land only from £2,865
- Travel by foot and by boat to explore the Cardamom Mountains
- Discover diverse flora and fauna and spend time at the Wildlife Release Station
- Experience village life in Chi Phat
- Visit the architectural splendours of Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom
Flight inclusive from £2,950, Land only from £2,175
- Visit Thailand, Laos and Cambodia in one superb holiday
- Explore Bangkok, Luang Prabang and Phnom Penh
- Cruise the mighty Mekong
- Spend two full days exploring the remarkable World Heritage site of Angkor Wat
- Stay in 4 & 5 star hotels and comfortable lodges throughout
Flight inclusive from £3,025, Land only from £2,375
Click on a map icon for holiday details