Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Essentially, our trekking peaks allow you to climb to your chosen summit and back in a day from each Base/High Camp.
The routes we use are chosen for their objective safety and sometimes involve easy angled snow slopes, straightforward ridges and occasionally minor scrambling. On some trips you may use crampons and an ice axe, ropes will be used for glacier travel, and you may camp on snow.
The trekking peak format bridges the gap in expertise and fitness needed between the more technical realm of mountaineering and our more accessible treks, offering a more challenging level of trekking. Peaks vary in height from Mont Blanc (4,810m/15,781ft) in Switzerland to Mera Peak (6,476m / 21,246ft) in Nepal, but all trekking peak routes we take will offer something extra in the way of difficulty and reward.
Mountain Kingdoms offer these adventures in countries as diverse as Peru, Tanzania and Nepal. Trekking Peaks are carefully designed to deliver interesting treks and provide proper acclimatisation. For the higher, more remote peaks we will provide a satellite phone and Gamow bag. These treks are open to fit, determined walkers who have previously undertaken 'strenuous' treks; previous mountaineering experience is an advantage but not essential with the exception of Island Peak.
Please contact our Operations Manager, Niki Morgan, if you have any queries about your suitability; we will review your experience before accepting you onto one our trekking peak trips.
For those that wish to go higher, our trekking peaks are the ideal challenge.
- Led by Kevin O’Neale - a highly experienced and qualified IFMGA guide
- Two 4,000m acclimatisation peaks and two summit opportunities on Mont Blanc
- Alpine skills training, including use of ice axe and crampons
- Hire of crampons, ice axes, harnesses and other technical kit included
Flight inclusive from £2,070, Land only from £1,895
- Classic acclimatisation trek through the Markha Valley
- Ideal first Himalayan trekking peak with a non-technical ascent
- Highly experienced MK Leader supported by Ladakhi guides and trek crew
- Time in Leh to acclimatise and enjoy a full sightseeing programme
Flight inclusive from £2,825, Land only from £2,030
- Trek the longer and more scenic Lemosho Route providing excellent acclimatisation
- All park fees and meals are included in the trip price.
- Led by highly experienced local guides and we use top quality camping equipment
- Before and after trek stay in comfortable hotels with lots of local character, situated away from noisy town centres
Flight inclusive from £3,345, Land only from £2,495
- Be one of the first westerners to experience a northern Burma trek
- Trek through pristine jungle and along rocky outcrops to reach snow-capped Mount Phongun Razi
- Our Burma trekking holiday provides stunning views of the surrounding eastern Himalaya
- Explore the magnificent Shwenandaw Monastery in Mandalay
Flight inclusive from £3,495, Land only from £2,795
- Carefully planned route for excellent acclimatisation and cultural interest
- Highly experienced and fully qualified Berber guides
- Centrally located riad (guesthouse) in Marrakesh with time to explore the city
- Comfortable camping with dining tent and tasty locally sourced food
Flight inclusive from £790, Land only from £550
- Carefully planned east-west traverse for quieter trails
- Excellent acclimatisation on trek to Mount Toubkal 4,167m/13,671ft
- Trek led by highly experienced and qualified Berber guides
- Comfortable camping with tasty locally sourced food and hot showers en route
Flight inclusive from £905, Land only from £675
- All park fees included in the trip price
- The best possible acclimatisation with an initial trek up Mount Meru and the longer Lemosho route on Kilimanjaro
- Close up views of wildlife on the trek in to Mount Meru
- First rate camping experience on trek and good quality hotels of character before and after the Kilimanjaro trek
Flight inclusive from £4,015, Land only from £2,795
- A beautiful 10-day acclimatisation trek exploring the Cordillera Blanca’s hidden gem – the little-visited, east side
- Enjoy the feeling of achievement and satisfaction of climbing a stunning 5,752m mountain with jaw-dropping views of 6,000m summits
- Good standard hotels in the towns and quality camping facilities on trek and excellent
- Highly experienced UIAGM trained guide(s) for Mount Pisco
Flight inclusive from £3,500, Land only from £2,775
- Carefully planned route - best acclimatisation and stunning Himalayan scenery
- Trek to Island Peak via the Everest Base Camp route
- Highly experienced Leader supported by a Sherpa trek crew
- The best tea houses available on the trek to Island Peak and top quality camping facilities for the summit ascent
- Four star hotel in Kathmandu with time for rest and relaxation after the trek
Flight inclusive from £3,605, Land only from £2,795
Click on a map icon for holiday details