Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Walking & Trekking Holidays
Walking holidays & trekking at altitude - what to expect
Our walking holidays and trekking holidays are designed to allow gradual height gain, spread over a number of days. There is no way of predicting who will suffer from altitude but, for the vast majority of people, a slow ascent to height will produce minimal effects. On a few high altitude treks we carry a Gamow Bag as a precautionary measure.
The dossier pack that we send to you when you book your holiday includes comprehensive advice on safe travel at altitude. If you would like to find out more about the effects of altitude and the best preventative measures, then please visit the website of the research charity Medex and download their excellent booklet called 'Travel at High Altitude'. For treks involving travel above 4,000m/13,120ft, we'd strongly recommend that you read this booklet before you travel. You can also call our office and speak to an experienced member of our team.
With over 100 superb walking and trekking holidays worldwide we have something to offer everyone. Our small group walking and trekking holidays are graded from Gentle to Expedition Grade and include iconic treks, pioneering adventures, plus less energetic gentle walking holidays
- Summit Ras Dashen with excellent acclimatisation built into the trek.
- Trek through stunning scenery, remote villages and abundant wildlife in the Simien Mountains
- Visit the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela and ‘Africa’s Camelot’ at Gondar.
- Enjoy the best service, guiding and accommodation throughout.
Flight inclusive from £2,545, Land only from £1,995
- Walk each day amidst the most spectacular landscapes of America’s Wild West
- See the best of America’s national parks with hikes in Zion, Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands and, of course, the Grand Canyon
- Explore Navajo and Hopi Indian tribal lands including Monument Valley, Canyon de Chelly and the Hopi Mesas
- Explore the stunning red rock scenery of Sedona
- End your trip amongst the bright lights and razzmatazz of Las Vegas
Flight inclusive from £4,565, Land only from £3,495
- Experience the best sections of Andorra’s first circular high-mountain trail, The Coronallacs Circuit
- Walk in the stunning Vall del Mariu-Perafita-Claror Natural Park, Andorra’s only UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Hike through Pessons Valley with its myriad glacial lakes and the beautiful flower-covered Incles Valley
- Stay in comfortable hotel accommodation
- A distinctive and improved version of the classic Manaslu Circuit with spectacular scenery from start to finish
- Excellent acclimatisation with rest days before ad after crossing the Larkya La
- Explore picturesque Tibetan villages in the Tsum valley
- Staying in tea houses on trek and a four star hotel in Kathmandu
Flight inclusive from £2,575, Land only from £1,850
- Trek in a beautiful valley with fabulous views of the Monte Rosa Massif and its glaciers.
- Explore an historic area with traditional villages, castles, churches and ancient gold mines
- Walk through alpine meadows full of flowers and beautiful forests, walking well maintained trails.
- Stay in small friendly hotels of a good, comfortable standard.
Flight inclusive from £1,365, Land only from £1,180
- Enjoy spectacular views of the Kathmandu valley and Himalayan peaks from Haatiban
- Relax at the Summit River Lodge with the refreshing sound of the Trusili River below
- See the real Nepal, go beyond the beaten track and discover untouched villages
- Stay in beautifully located lodges with comfy beds, hot showers and great food
- Sightseeing in Pokhara with a magnificent backdrop scenery of the Annapurna
Flight inclusive from £2,400, Land only from £1,750
- Trek to Macchapuchare Base Camp and Annapurna Base Camp
- Stay in up-market lodges, and the best tea houses higher up the trail with many extra services included
- A perfect Himalayan trek through classic high mountain scenery to explore the heart of the Annapurna
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu and two nights in the luxurious Dwarika's Hotel
Flight inclusive from £3,045, Land only from £2,295
- Discover the sights of Muscat and a ride on a traditional dhow
- Enjoy varied walks amidst beautiful desert scenery
- Visit Oman's Grand Canyon and the idyllic village of Misfah
- Walk across the magnificent dunes of the Wahiba Sands
Flight inclusive from £2,695, Land only from £2,165
- A classic trek with stunning varied scenery and cultural interest at every step
- An improved route that avoids roads and gives the best trekking experience
- Crossing the Thorong La - a true high point at 5,416m/17,769ft
- A four-star hotel in Kathmandu at the start and end of your trek
Flight inclusive from £2,815, Land only from £1,795
- Delve into the 36 streets of 36 trades in Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- Trek through rice paddies in Sapa
- Explore remote Hoang Su Phi on foot, and experience a night at a traditional homestay at a Red Dzao minority house
- Cruise through the stunning unique Karst landscape in Ha Long Bay.
Flight inclusive from £2,325, Land only from £1,695
Click on a map icon for holiday details