Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Walking & Trekking Holidays
Walking holidays & trekking at altitude - what to expect
Our walking holidays and trekking holidays are designed to allow gradual height gain, spread over a number of days. There is no way of predicting who will suffer from altitude but, for the vast majority of people, a slow ascent to height will produce minimal effects. On a few high altitude treks we carry a Gamow Bag as a precautionary measure.
The dossier pack that we send to you when you book your holiday includes comprehensive advice on safe travel at altitude. If you would like to find out more about the effects of altitude and the best preventative measures, then please visit the website of the research charity Medex and download their excellent booklet called 'Travel at High Altitude'. For treks involving travel above 4,000m/13,120ft, we'd strongly recommend that you read this booklet before you travel. You can also call our office and speak to an experienced member of our team.
With over 100 superb walking and trekking holidays worldwide we have something to offer everyone. Our small group walking and trekking holidays are graded from Gentle to Expedition Grade and include iconic treks, pioneering adventures, plus less energetic gentle walking holidays
- For ten nights on trek stay in luxury lodges with excellent facilities, food and service.
- Five other nights are spent in the best tea houses available on the trail.
- Visit the Base Camp of beautiful Ama Dablam and trek to both Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar to gain the most stunning views of Everest
- Excellent acclimatisation and first rate leaders
- Stay in Kathmandu's best hotel - the Dwarika’s Hotel - a 5-star heritage property
Flight inclusive from £3,345, Land only from £2,795
- Towering Himalayan peaks, sacred lakes and deep hidden valleys - all within a day's drive from Kathmandu
- A culturally rich trek into the home of the Tamang and the Yolmo Sherpa people
- Traditional tea houses and a warm welcome on the trail
- 4* hotel in Kathmandu at the start and end of the trek
Flight inclusive from £2,300, Land only from £1,550
- Stay on a coffee plantation in beautiful Wayanad, high in the Western Ghats
- Ride the Toy Train down from Ooty and explore historic Mysore
- Visit Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary and search for tigers in Bandipur National Park
- Relax beneath the palm trees at a lovely beach resort
- Visit a Theyyam Festival, a hypnotic ritual dance-drama
Flight inclusive from £2,625, Land only from £2,095
- Take a sunset cruise to see Kochi’s iconic fishing nets silhouetted against the water
- Walk through tea plantations in the rolling hills of Munnar with views of the Western Ghats
- Visit a flower market, a tea factory and a spice plantation.
- Take an overnight riceboat cruise on Kerala’s languid backwaters
- Search for wild elephant and elusive tiger on a walking safari in Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
Land only from £1,775
- Wild walking in the majestic Tierra del Fuego National Park
- An unforgettable four-night cruise from Ushuaia to Punta Arenas via the Beagle Channel, Cape Horn and the Magellan Strait
- Plenty of exciting shore excursions in Zodiac boats to see historic sights, the best viewpoints and natural wonders including stunning glaciers and vast penguin colonies
- Comfortable hotels in Buenos Aires, Ushuaia and Santiago and twin cabins on the cruise.
Flight inclusive from £5,300, Land only from £4,350
- Varied trekking through beautiful Himalayan scenery at relatively low altitudes
- Experience traditional rural life in Nepal as you trek through small villages away from the main tourist trails
- Enjoy a magical Himalayan sunset and sunrise at Mohare and panoramic views of the Annapurnas from Poon Hill
- Stay in friendly community run lodges which provide a critical income source for local people
Flight inclusive from £2,190, Land only from £1,355
- Enjoy gentle walks in stunning scenery with guides who will introduce you to Nepal’s culture, wildlife and flora.
- Join yoga/meditation classes suitable for all levels, and relax in inviting spas with infinity pools.
- Enjoy a range of uplifting activities, from salt therapy to pottery, at Dwarika’s Dhulikhel resort.
- See the sun rise over the snow-capped Annapurnas on a dawn boat ride in Pokhara.
- Explore the ancient Newar city of Bhaktapur in the Kathmandu Valley
- Stay in four of the best boutique hotels in Nepal, with excellent wellness facilities.
Flight inclusive from £3,180, Land only from £2,350
- Trek on quiet but challenging trails with 1,000m ascents and descents most days
- Observe the traditional Romanian way of life, little-changed for centuries
- Ascend Vanatarea lui Buteanu, 2,500m, one of the highest peaks in the Fagaras Mountains
- Visit mysterious Bran Castle, the historic inspiration for the fictional home of Count Dracula
- Stay in village guest houses and small hotels, and enjoy delicious, home-cooked food
- Explore the cobblestoned town of Sibiu with its imposing city walls and mighty defence towers
Flight inclusive from £1,490, Land only from £1,265
- Explore the 'Shangri La' valley of Thethi in Albania
- Visit Shkodra castle and take a boat trip down Lake Drin
- Climb the peak of Komovi in Montenegro
- Walk the Bay of Kotor - a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Flight inclusive from £1,380, Land only from £995
- View the giant moai statues of Easter Island
- Walk to the top of the three main extinct volcanoes that comprise Easter Island
- Visit the quarries where the statues were made
- Stay in one of the best hotels on the island
Flight inclusive from £3,845, Land only from £2,850
Click on a map icon for holiday details