Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Walking & Trekking Holidays
Walking holidays & trekking at altitude - what to expect
Our walking holidays and trekking holidays are designed to allow gradual height gain, spread over a number of days. There is no way of predicting who will suffer from altitude but, for the vast majority of people, a slow ascent to height will produce minimal effects. On a few high altitude treks we carry a Gamow Bag as a precautionary measure.
The dossier pack that we send to you when you book your holiday includes comprehensive advice on safe travel at altitude. If you would like to find out more about the effects of altitude and the best preventative measures, then please visit the website of the research charity Medex and download their excellent booklet called 'Travel at High Altitude'. For treks involving travel above 4,000m/13,120ft, we'd strongly recommend that you read this booklet before you travel. You can also call our office and speak to an experienced member of our team.
With over 100 superb walking and trekking holidays worldwide we have something to offer everyone. Our small group walking and trekking holidays are graded from Gentle to Expedition Grade and include iconic treks, pioneering adventures, plus less energetic gentle walking holidays
- Enjoy a rich variety of coastal and mountain walks including the famed ‘Path of the Gods’
- Spend a full day exploring Capri on foot; the home of the beautiful people
- Climb Mount Vesuvius and visit the evocative ruins of ancient Pompeii
- Discover the picture postcard towns of Amalfi and Positano
Flight inclusive from £1,325, Land only from £1,095
- Enjoy sightseeing and acclimatisation in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Visit the Inca ruins at Pisac and Ollantaytambo
- Trek the spectacular Inca Trail with first rate camping service on trek
- Enter iconic Machu Picchu at dawn through Inti Punku, the Sun Gate
- Guided sightseeing in Machu Picchu and option to climb Huayna Picchu peak or Macchu Picchu Peak
Flight inclusive from £2,045, Land only from £1,295
- Trek across immense dunes, through oases and across a deep wadi in the capable company of your expert guide and camel team
- Enjoy incredible desert sunsets and nights under the stars with no light pollution - a stargazing paradise
- Have fresh bread cooked in sand ovens and enjoy traditional Berber cooking on trek
- Return to Marrakesh via the Iriki National Park, the saffron fields of Talouine and the dramatic Tizi n’Test Pass
- Stay in delightful riads and explore flamboyant Marrakesh with guided tours of the souks and the sights
Flight inclusive from £1,045, Land only from £695
- Complete the spectacular trek to Makalu Base Camp where few others have ventured
- Cross the Shipton La pass, and three other high passes, on a single day of sublime trekking
- Enjoy a full day of exploration at Makalu Base Camp
- Encounter varied scenery in different temperate zones as you progress from 700m to over 5,000m
- Stay in tea houses on trek to experience remote village life and contribute directly to the local economy.
Flight inclusive from £2,855, Land only from £2,055
- Trek the most awe-inspiring section of the Jordan Trail
- Explore Petra, entering by the lesser-visited 'backdoor'. Stop at Little Petra en route.
- Begin your trek at Dana Nature Reserve – one of Jordan’s must-see natural sights
- Experience floating in the salt-rich waters of the Dead Sea
- Enjoy a first rate camping experience on trek and stay in good quality hotel in Madaba
Flight inclusive from £2,250, Land only from £1,675
- Trek for 16 days through impressive high mountain scenery and isolated villages
- Camp by the turquoise waters of Phuksundo Lake
- Experience the ancient Tibetan culture of the region - little changed over time
- Enjoy first rate camping and a four star hotel in Kathmandu before and after the trek
Flight inclusive from £4,745, Land only from £3,995
- Summit Ras Dashen with excellent acclimatisation built into the trek.
- Trek through stunning scenery, remote villages and abundant wildlife in the Simien Mountains
- Visit the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela and ‘Africa’s Camelot’ at Gondar.
- Enjoy the best service, guiding and accommodation throughout.
Flight inclusive from £2,815, Land only from £2,265
- Walk each day amidst the most spectacular landscapes of America’s Wild West
- See the best of America’s national parks with hikes in Zion, Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands and, of course, the Grand Canyon
- Explore Navajo and Hopi Indian tribal lands including Monument Valley, Canyon de Chelly and the Hopi Mesas
- Discover the stunning red rock scenery of Sedona
- End your trip amongst the bright lights and razzmatazz of Las Vegas
Flight inclusive from £4,500, Land only from £3,650
- A distinctive and improved version of the classic Manaslu Circuit with spectacular scenery from start to finish
- Excellent acclimatisation with rest days before ad after crossing the Larkya La
- Explore picturesque Tibetan villages full of cultural interest
- Staying in tea houses on trek and a four star hotel in Kathmandu
Flight inclusive from £2,695, Land only from £1,895
- Trek in a beautiful valley with fabulous views of the Monte Rosa Massif and its glaciers.
- Explore an historic area with traditional villages, castles, churches and ancient gold mines
- Walk through alpine meadows full of flowers and beautiful forests, walking well maintained trails.
- Stay in small friendly hotels of a good, comfortable standard.
Flight inclusive from £1,395, Land only from £1,195
Click on a map icon for holiday details