Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
On our tours we visit the key sights but we also take you to lesser-known places to get you under the skin of the exciting, far-flung countries in which we are specialists.
- Explore the cultural city of Kyoto, and the historic castles of Matsumoto and Himeji
- Take part in a tea ceremony in Kyoto and stay in traditional ryokan and minshuku.
- See the snow monkeys of Yudanaka Onsen
- Spend a night with the monks in a temple on Mount Koya
- Enjoy remarkable views of iconic Mount Fuji – weather permitting
- Visit Narai, one of the best-preserved post towns on the Nakasendo Trail
- Experience modern Japan; high-rise Tokyo, Hiroshima Peace Park, bullet trains and the neon lights of Osaka
- Visit the spectacular hilltop temple complex of Preah Vihear
- Explore the architectural wonders of Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom
- Search for endangered primates and rare birds in protected wildlife reserves
- Walk with rescued elephants at the Elephant Valley Project
- Take to the water to see the ‘floating’ stilt houses of Tonle Sap Lake
- Tour the many cultural and historic sights of Phnom Penh and enjoy a sunset river cruise
- Relax on the beach on pretty Koh Rong Island
Flight inclusive from £3,545, Land only from £2,875
- Tour the ancient cities of Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Patan and visit Lumbini - the birthplace of Buddha
- Enjoy village walks with stunning Himalayan views of the Annapurnas and Everest
- Go wild at Chitwan National Park with two full days of wildlife watching activities
- Stay in top quality hotels and lodges including Dwarika's fabulous Heritage Hotel
Flight inclusive from £3,225, Land only from £2,525
- Explore the spectacular untouched scenery of Lapland
- Drive your own dog-sled team, look after the huskies and let them steal your heart
- Six possible chances to experience the Northern Lights, weather and activity permitting
- Stay in cosy wilderness huts, lit only by candlelight and heated by woodburning stoves
Flight inclusive from £2,045, Land only from £1,695
- Take a train journey across the plains of India and ride the toy train to Shimla
- Explore Leh, the Indus valley and the famous temples at Alchi
- Attend an authentic Tibetan Buddhist festival
- Drive through the Greater Himalaya on a four day road trip
Flight inclusive from £2,930, Land only from £2,355
- Join the Buddhist pilgrims on the journey to ‘Golden Rock’.
- Explore the lovely limestone scenery of the Kayin State with its myriad little-visited caves and temples.
- Soak up the atmosphere in Mawlamyine, known in Kipling’s day as Moulmein
- Enjoy a fascinating boat trip on the Salween River and an all day cruise on the Ayeryarwaddy River.
- Explore serene Inle Lake and the atmospheric temples of Bagan plain.
Flight inclusive from £2,945, Land only from £2,195
Click on a map icon for holiday details