Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Schools & Youth Groups
Well we all got home safely on Monday and yesterday was my first day back at work. Can I please go back?
I just wanted to say a massive thanks on behalf of us all. We had the most amazing adventure and I can't thank you and Mountain Kingdoms enough for everything you've done. Thank you for all your help and answering all my silly questions. Thank you to all the people who helped us in Nepal (sorry I'm rubbish with names). An especially massive thanks to Nima, Zumba and Khunga for looking after us so well. They were amazing, just amazing. There aren't words to describe just how amazing they were and how well they looked after us. Please, please pass on our thanks to all those involved.
- Paul, Scout Leader
- Trek one of Bhutan’s oldest trails with wonderfully varied scenery and superb mountain views
- Walk to the fabled Tiger’s Nest Monastery and visit Punakha Dzong
- Explore the key cultural sights of Thimphu and the Paro Valley
- Attend one of Bhutan’s most significant festivals (on selected departures)
- Enjoy first-rate camping and well-appointed hotels
Flight inclusive from £3,445, Land only from £2,595
- Trek on sections of the 'Peace Trail' circuit straddling the borders of Kosovo, Albania and Montenegro
- Enjoy rugged walking and ascend three peaks including the highest in Kosovo
- Experience the warmest of welcomes and the generous hospitality of the local shepherds and farmers
- Stay in a traditional shepherd's hut and village houses for a glimpse of an ancient way of life
Flight inclusive from £1,475, Land only from £1,195
- Explore the cultural highlights of Bhutan including iconic Taktsang Monastery and Punakha Dzong
- First-rate accommodation in Bhutan using comfortable hotels and lodges
- Relax at Dwarika’s hotel in Kathmandu – a unique heritage property
- Excellent and varied programme of gentle walks
- Join the flamboyant celebrations at a Bhutanese festival
Flight inclusive from £3,445, Land only from £2,695
- Visit six of Costa Rica’s premier national parks and wildlife reserves
- Enjoy a varied programme of walks that showcase Costa Rica’s incredibly diverse landscapes.
- Spend time in Tortuguero renowned for its fabulous wildlife and laid-back Caribbean vibe.
- Look for rare and exotic birds in the cloudforest of Monteverde and a take a boat tour along the wildlife-rich waters of Caño Negro Reserve.
- Go hiking amidst the surreal and beautiful volcanic scenery of Rincon de la Vieja in the fiery northwest.
- Relax at the end of your holiday on beautiful Hermosa Beach with the option to extend.
Flight inclusive from £3,695, Land only from £2,995
- Trek on Japan's Nakasendo trail with beautiful scenery, picturesque villages and historic post-towns
- Stay in traditional accommodation, enjoy hot spring baths and get under the skin of Japanese life
- Discover modern high-rise Tokyo and the cultural city of Kyoto
- Explore the many temples and monasteries of atmospheric Mount Koya
Flight inclusive from £4,445, Land only from £3,595
- Follow in the footsteps of Joanna Lumley, walking the most beautiful section of the new Transcaucasian Trail.
- Stay in traditional watchtower villages, including beautiful Ushguli, now a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Explore the unspoilt Alpine scenery of ancient Upper Svaneti, one of the wildest, most mysterious regions of Georgia
- Enjoy the hospitality of local families experiencing the distinctive Svaneti culture firsthand
- Have your luggage transferred each day so all you need to carry on trek is a small daysack.
- Step back in time on a guided walking tour of Tblisi, Georgia's remarkable capital city.
Flight inclusive from £2,360, Land only from £1,895
- Walk the five main islands of the Aeolian archipelago off Sicily
- Swim in azure-blue seas from black-sand beaches
- Summit fiery Stromboli – if volcanic activity allows
- Discover Mount Etna, walking on the highest active volcano in Europe
- Enjoy the delicious regional cuisine; fresh fish, capers, pasta and semi-frozen granita
- Relax in thermal springs and take a revitalising mud bath
Flight inclusive from £1,425, Land only from £1,195
- Trek through wild glacial terrain beneath towering peaks
- Stay in permanent camps along the route
- Experience the incredible helicopter ride from South Inylchek Base Camp to Karkara
- Swim in the warm(ish) waters of Issyk Kul Lake with views of the mountains on all sides
Flight inclusive from £2,890, Land only from £1,995
- Walk on every day of this holiday through stunning mountain scenery to the best viewpoints
- Hike in Banff, Yoho and Jasper National Parks
- Drive along the Icefield Parkway – one of the world’s most scenic highways
- Stay in comfortable hotels or chalets between Banff and Lake Louise, Jasper and Kananaskis
Flight inclusive from £3,445, Land only from £2,695
- Trek to both Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar
- Cross the Cho La and ascend Gokyo Ri
- Excellent acclimatisation and highly experienced Sherpa leaders
- Four-star hotel and time to relax and take in the sights of Kathmandu
- Attend the Mani Rimdu Festival on one of our autumn departures
Flight inclusive from £2,700, Land only from £2,050
Click on a map icon for holiday details