Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
With its soaring mountains, hundreds of miles of spectacular walking trails and a wonderful picturesque charm, the Swiss Alps are the premier destination in Europe for those wanting to enjoy the great outdoors.
- Led by Kevin O’Neale - a highly experienced and qualified IFMGA guide
- Two 4,000m acclimatisation peaks and two summit opportunities on Mont Blanc
- Alpine skills training, including use of ice axe and crampons
- Hire of crampons, ice axes, harnesses and other technical kit included
Flight inclusive from £2,150, Land only from £1,995
- From mountain to sea - enjoy the best sections of the Grande Traverse du Mercantour.
- Walk through the remote Vallee des Merveilles (Valley of Wonders) and see Bronze Age petroglyphs.
- Look out for chamoix, marmots, ibex and even wolves and golden eagles.
- Stay in comfortable hotels rather than mountain huts.
Flight inclusive from £1,490, Land only from £1,295
- An alpine skills training day on a glacier to learn or refresh basic snow and ice skills
- A day of via ferrata on the Jegihorn with easy scrambling and spectacular wire bridge crossings
- A night in the Hohsaas mountain hut with its spectacular views giof the Mischabel range
- A magical alpine sunrise on an ascent of the classic 4,017m Weissmies
Flight inclusive from £1,090, Land only from £950
- Our clockwise route leaves the most strenuous ascents until the end of the trek
- Highly experienced trek leader
- Accommodation in hotels and auberges chosen for their comfort and character
- Daily luggage transfer - carry just a day sack
- The finest Alpine scenery and a superb trekking route
- Trek the best of the Matterhorn circuit, with easy glacier crossings
- Accommodation in hotels chosen for their comfort and character
- Spend two nights in genuine mountain huts in the alps with fabulous views
- Optional ascent of the Breithorn, 4,164m/13,741ft
Click on a map icon for holiday details