Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
What makes Burma (Myanmar) so special?
Holidays in Burma (Myanmar) give the visitor a chance to experience fascinating ethnic diversity, a landscape stretching from the Indian Ocean to the high Himalaya and a stunning abundance of gilded temples and monuments.
From the major cultural sights of vibrant Yangon (Rangoon) and inspirational Mandalay, to peaceful Inle Lake where fishermen lead traditional lives in floating villages, Burma has perhaps some of the strongest draws of any travel destination.
Burma has a huge amount to offer visitors who wish to support the people. Whether you want to travel in Burma for the cultural highlights or walk its remote hills, Mountain Kingdoms can put together the perfect Burma holiday experience for you.
Burma (Myanmar) Holidays
With its fascinating ethnic diversity, a landscape stretching from the Indian Ocean to the high Himalaya and a stunning abundance of gilded temples and monuments, Burma has some of the strongest draws of any travel destination.
- Explore the many temples in Bagan by bike – the best way to see this vast complex
- Discover Inle Lake by boat and on foot
- Take a train ride along the Gokteik viaduct
- Cycle around the colonial hill station of Kalaw
Flight inclusive from £3,345, Land only from £2,595
- Visit Burma’s three major cultural centres: Mandalay, Bagan and Inle Lake
- Cruise along the Ayeyarwady River from Mandalay to Bagan
- Walk across U Bein's Teak Bridge
- Take gentle walks to villages, temples, Buddhist monasteries and old palaces
- Stay in comfortable hotel accommodation
Flight inclusive from £3,050, Land only from £2,275
- Join the Buddhist pilgrims on the journey to ‘Golden Rock’.
- Explore the lovely limestone scenery of the Kayin State with its myriad little-visited caves and temples.
- Soak up the atmosphere in Mawlamyine, known in Kipling’s day as Moulmein
- Enjoy a fascinating boat trip on the Salween River and an all day cruise on the Ayeryarwaddy River.
- Explore serene Inle Lake and the atmospheric temples of Bagan plain.
Flight inclusive from £2,945, Land only from £2,195
Click on a map icon for holiday details