Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
- Location: The Arctic is home to the North Pole and is made up of a vast ice-covered ocean, with 8 countries extending into the Arctic Circle, including Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Russia, Greenland, USA (Alaska), and Canada. These countries form the ‘Arctic Council’.
- Wildlife: Common wildlife include the polar bear, walrus, Arctic fox, seals and migratory birds.
- Population: Unlike the Antarctica, the Arctic Circle is home to a sparse population, with approximately 4 million natives.
- Did you know: The Arctic has only six months of sunlight a year, with the remaining months in unbroken darkness.
- FCDO advice: FCDO travel advice for Norway