Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Nomads & Ibex TrekWalking & Trekking
Duration: 14 days from the UK
On trek: 8 days
Book now or call 01453 844400
A two-week magical, mountain adventure in the remote northwest corner of Mongolia.
- One of the World’s Great Adventure treks that crosses two high passes
- Wild, unspoilt terrain populated by nomads
- Enjoy the hospitality of the local people by visiting a local family ‘ger’
- Full service camping on trek and good quality hotels elsewhere
We thoroughly enjoyed the trip overall, especially the trek, and would heartily recommend it to others. We particulary appreciated the feeling of remoteness and space in Mongolia.
Mr & Mrs B, Leek
Our trek between the twin peaks of Mount Kharkiraa and Mount Turgen begins in the Uliastai Valley in remote Uvs province. Within a day’s start of our trek, we reach the jewel-like waters of the Blue Lake and from here we progress over low passes, through steep-sided valleys and along the banks of the Kharkiraa river. We cross two high passes and scenery becomes increasingly dramatic and varied with open plateau, glacial lakes and high peaks forming the captivating backdrop to our trek. This is a truly wild, unkempt region where local people live a nomadic existence and we will undoubtedly encounter their ‘open house’ hospitality. This trek features in ‘The World’s Great Adventure Treks’, edited by Marielle Rensen.
You may also be interested in:
- Witness wrestling, archery and horse racing contests at Mongolia’s popular Naadaam festival
- Easy day walks across the steppe to important historical sights, as well as camel and horse riding
- Stay in the cosy ger camps whilst travelling around the Mongolian wilderness
Land only from £1,595
- Mountain, sea and city – the Great Wall in all its splendour
- Good quality, comfortable hotel accommodation throughout
- The cultural highlights of Beijing
- Optional extension to see the magnificent Terracotta Warriors in Xi’an
Flight inclusive from £2,325, Land only from £1,395