Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
Manaslu CircuitWalking & Trekking
Duration: 23 days from the UK
On trek: 18 days
Flight inclusive from £2,545, Land only from £1,695
Book now or call 01453 844400
Enjoy soaring peaks and Tibetan-style villages on this enhanced version of a classic trek
- A distinctive and improved version of the classic Manaslu Circuit with spectacular scenery from start to finish
- Excellent acclimatisation with two rest/acclimatisation days before crossing the Larkya La
- Top quality camping facilities on trek and a four star hotel in Kathmandu
- Special area trekking permits included
I was very impressed with the trek, it was all (and more) that I had hoped it would be. A serious, longish trek into remote mountains. Loved it! Big thank you to all concerned. Well organised trip. If anything had gone wrong (which it didn't) I would have been in safe hands. Wonderful mountain walking in remote areas. Hardly saw other trek groups until we rejoined the Annapurna Circuit in last few days.
Mr O, Gloucestershire.
Our trek starts from steamy Arughat Bazaar as we walk northward up the Buri Gandaki valley, sometimes following the river along the valley, but more often climbing high as the trail snakes along the increasingly steep, forested gorge. At the village of Lokwa we turn off from the main circuit and trek up the restricted Tsum valley towards red-roofed Ra-chhen Gompa. This serene and beautiful valley is home to people of Tibetan descent, and their distinct dialect, culture and traditions have remained intact as their remote location has left them isolated from the modern world. We rejoin the circuit and from Ghap start to climb steeply towards our high point, the Larkya La (5,213m/17,103ft) with time to acclimatise and explore the attractive Tibetan villages of Sama Gaon and Samdo en route.
You may also be interested in:
- A truly off-the-beaten-track trek to a spectacular new region.
- Visit the base camp of the highest 7,000m peak in the far western end of Nepal.
- See beautiful mountain landscapes, rapid rivers and pristine forests
- Top quality camping equipment and service on trek
Flight inclusive from £3,730, Land only from £2,895
- A trek through remote country to the south of the Kanjiroba Mountains, north and west of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges.
- A huge variety of trekking, through verdant farmland, high ridge tops & pristine forest.
- Meet many ethnic groups, from Hindu farmers to escaped Tibetan refugees.
- Culminating with a visit to Lower Dolpo and the exquisitely beautiful Phoksundo Lake.
Flight inclusive from £3,780, Land only from £2,945
- Astounding ice fluted peaks and Himalayan giants either side of the hidden valley of Rolwaling
- Really off-the-beaten track close to the Tibetan border but only a few hours drive from Kathmandu
- A highly experienced western trek leader appointed by Mountain Kingdoms
- Special trekking permits included in the holiday price
Flight inclusive from £2,730, Land only from £1,895
- Genuinely remote and culturally distinct, an area of Nepal where few westerners visit
- Spend time with the people of Dolpo who have retained their ancient traditions and beliefs
- Excellent acclimatisation & follow Peter Matthiessen’s journey in search of the elusive snow leopard
- Enjoy first rate camping facilities on trek & a four star hotel in Kathmandu before and after
Flight inclusive from £3,845, Land only from £3,095