Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
What makes Sri Lanka so special?
Known affectionately as ‘Pearl of the Orient’, ‘Resplendent Isle’ and ‘Teardrop of India’, it was also given the name of Serendib by early Arab traders, which came to mean “a happy, unexpected surprise” in English. Travellers on Sri Lanka holidays today continue to find these names apt.
Situated just above the equator, few places of comparable size can boast of such a stunning array of natural and man-made wonders. On our Sri Lankan holidays, go walking along verdant paths through rice terraces, temples, plantations and high mountain scenery. Our ‘Trails of Buddha’s Island’ gentle walking holiday will take you from the coast to the finest cultural icons in the heart of the island such as the Temple of the Tooth and Lion Rock at Sigiriya. This Sri Lanka holiday’s itinerary also includes a day walking amidst the mysterious ruined forest monastery of Ritigala.
Sri Lanka holidays are an opportunity to enter another world. From the lush landscape that cradles exquisite ancient ruins, to the bustling modern cities and the serene Indian coast, the ‘Resplendent Isle’ truly sates all the senses. On our holidays to Sri Lanka, we will see the lively, remarkable temples of Dambulla and Kandy and we will enjoy the wildlife of several national parks and relax by the beautiful ocean.
We set an easy pace on our Sri Lankan holidays, taking the time to enjoy the beautiful landscape by train or by foot on gentle walks. You can explore ancient ruins with time to admire every detail in the intricately carved stone, or watch the wildlife in Uda Walawe and Yala National Parks. With us, you will experience the best parts of this inspirational isle on unforgettable Sri Lanka holidays.
Sri Lanka Holidays
Our holidays to Sri Lanka take you to a land that has inspired and seduced travellers with its verdant beauty, abundant wildlife and rich cultural heritage for centuries.
- Enjoy the premium accommodation of the Ceylon Tea Trails colonial-era bungalows, around scenic Castlereagh Lake
- Stay in a selection of stylish boutique hotels in gorgeous Sri Lankan locations
- Spot leopard, elephants and sloth bear on a luxury safari in Yala National Park
- Walk the walls of Galle Fort, take afternoon tea and ride a train through tea plantations
- End your trip in style on a beautiful beach on the Indian Ocean
Flight inclusive from £4,030, Land only from £3,330
- Discover authentic Northern Sri Lanka, before mass tourism arrives
- Spot wildlife in Wilpattu National Park
- Explore the ancient ruined cities of Mihintale, Anaradapura and Polonnaruwa
- Climb Sigiriya Rock and visit the Temple of the Tooth at Kandy
- Enjoy some easy walks to experience the peaceful rural areas and bird life
Flight inclusive from £2,460, Land only from £1,910
- Trek in the hill country of Sri Lanka with virgin forest, verdant countryside, and endless valleys
- Stay overnight in a genuine Buddhist temple
- Take in the mountains, cloud forest, and rich biodiversity of Horton Plains National Park
- See the elephants of Uda Walawe National Park
Flight inclusive from £2,420, Land only from £1,735
- A comprehensive tour of Sri Lanka, combining cultural highlights with gentle walking
- Travel into the hill country by train to hilltop tea plantations
- Take a jeep safari to look for leopards in Yala National Park
- A relaxing beach stay at the end of your travels
Flight inclusive from £2,735, Land only from £2,135
Click on a map icon for holiday details