Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
What makes Peru Walks, Treks & Cultural Holidays so special?
The attraction of a holiday in Peru is in the diversity on offer. This wonderful country combines stunning scenery with a vibrant culture and history. When trekking in Peru, everywhere you go you will see reminders of the country’s rich past, with Spanish Colonial churches rubbing shoulders with Inca ruins. Peru’s dramatic mountains are home to indigenous highlanders, who still live a largely traditional way of life, tending their llamas and cultivating crops that were first developed here thousands of years ago. This mixture of cultures, alongside scenery that ranges from Andean mountains to lush Amazonian rainforests, are what make holidays in Peru truly unforgettable.
Machu Picchu, the so called ‘Lost City of the Incas’ is the most iconic image of Peru, but our trekking holidays can also take you to numerous other Inca ruins and colonial cities. Our tours to Peru usually begin in the Sacred Valley before proceeding on to the unforgettable sight of Machu Picchu. Other highlights that can be taken in on a tour of Peru include the Colca Canyon, Lake Titicaca and the Amazon rainforest.
To make the most of the variety that this inspiring country has to offer, we run a range of trekking holidays in Peru, combined with tours of Peru’s most notable cultural sights.
Peru Walks, Treks & Cultural Holidays
With its towering mountain ranges and fascinating Inca heritage, Peru is one of the most exciting countries to visit in South America and a trekker's paradise.
- Enjoy fabulous off-the-beaten-track cycling in the Sacred Valley
- Spend a full day at Machu Picchu (with an optional ascent of Machu Picchu Mountain)
- Comfortable en-suite hotel accommodation & full service camping
- Visit the must see sights of Cuzco, Pisac, St Teresa and Ollantaytambo
- Explore the major Inca sites of the Sacred Valley on our carefully planned pre-acclimatisation programme
- Discover the jewel of the Inca Empire, Machu Picchu, on a guided tour
- Visit the 'White Rock', one of the most sacred Inca shrines
- Spend two nights at Choquequirao with a full day to explore the ruins
- Trek the high Andes in real style, staying in four superb mountain lodges
- Follow a beautiful trail, away from the crowds of the Inca Trail, with unique views of Machu Picchu
- Enjoy the best acclimatisation programme with time in the Sacred Valley
- Optional extension to visit the Uros Islands on Lake Titicaca and Sillustani
Flight inclusive from £3,625, Land only from £2,495
- Spectacular high altitude trek in a pristine environment, staying in ensuite lodges. You are unlikely to see another trekker!
- A genuine eco-trek employing locals as cooks, lodge keepers and llama drivers
- Includes a boat trip around Lake Titicaca
- Extend your trip with a walking tour of Machu Picchu
- A beautiful 10-day acclimatisation trek exploring the Cordillera Blanca’s hidden gem – the little-visited, east side
- Enjoy the feeling of achievement and satisfaction of climbing a stunning 5,752m mountain with jaw-dropping views of 6,000m summits
- Good standard hotels in the towns and quality camping facilities on trek and excellent
- Highly experienced UIAGM trained guide(s) for Mount Pisco
- Acclimatisation walk in the beautiful Sacred Valley
- Walking the spectacular Inca Trail
- Entering iconic Machu Picchu through the Sun Gate
- First rate camping service on trek and a lovely hacienda in the Sacred Valley
Flight inclusive from £2,445, Land only from £1,295
Click on a map icon for holiday details