Our grading system explained
- Expedition Grade
What makes Ethiopia so special?
You’ll find sites that reveal the country’s rich Christian and dynastic heritage alongside dramatic African landscapes that afford opportunities for some superb trekking. Ethiopia’s ancient rock-hewn churches of Lalibela and the remains of ‘Africa’s Camelot’ at Gonder are only two of the highlights of our Simien Mountains Ethiopia trek and as well as our tour of Ethiopia’s key historical sights.
The high peaks and deep abysses of the Simien Mountains, which teem with rare and endemic wildlife such as the gelada baboon and walia ibex, make a unique and unforgettable Ethiopia trekking holiday experience. The abundant wildlife and beautiful scenery of the Simien Mountains is only part of their appeal. They are also a place where you will find small villages where you will be greeted by excitable children and welcomed with a formal tea ceremony. It is this opportunity to glimpse the lifestyle of the local people that makes an Ethiopia trek so complete.
Ethiopia trekking & tours
Ethiopia, the 'cradle of civilization', offers visitors a wealth of cultural treasures and natural wonders to explore.
- Visit the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, ‘Africa’s Camelot’ at Gondar, the World Heritage site of Axum and the Blue Nile Falls
- Take a full day boat cruise on the vast expanse of Lake Tana
- Explore the spectacular scenery in the Simien Mountains National Park, home to an abundance of rare flora and fauna
- Enjoy the best service, guiding and accommodation throughout
Flight inclusive from £3,470, Land only from £2,895
- Summit Ras Dashen with excellent acclimatisation built into the trek.
- Trek through stunning scenery, remote villages and abundant wildlife in the Simien Mountains
- Visit the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela and ‘Africa’s Camelot’ at Gondar.
- Enjoy the best service, guiding and accommodation throughout.
Flight inclusive from £3,220, Land only from £2,645
Click on a map icon for holiday details